How do you save money?

probably 2002 where it belongs :stuck_out_tongue:

I run the hooker over with my car after she gets out and take my money back. Plus whatever she had on her.

because they are belongings…?

who cares…?

obv not dawn…?

how/why can any employer force you into a 401k program, let alone dictate what percentage/absolute$ amount you contribute? that doesn’t make any sense to me at all…

they can’t force shit.

however, they are not required to hand out bonuses either.

My company matches 5% of my income into my 401k and then gives me 2% at the end of the year. So that is 12% of my income for retirement.

Then I budget $X,XXX for housing and I don’t spend half of it (I am renting right now with 2 other people). The difference goes into savings so I can throw down a nice DP on a house and avoid PMI. Plus I know I can comfortably live on this budget and therefore know how much of a loan I can handle.

I put X,XXX since no one needs to know info on my income and it’s a great idea for anyone thinking about buying a house.

i gave nick - karma

they most certainly are required to hand out bonuses if they are established plans and are in writing. and i am venturing to guess that most companies paying substantial bonuses put their programs in writing.

i bring food from work home a lot. like every night i work

dollar general is awesome for shit like napkins, cleaning supplies, ziplock bags, ect. they actually have a frozen food section and thats fucking gross

drinking at home with friends is always a good call

umm they say “Max out your 401k or we’re going to stop giving you discretionary bonuses” ? Sure I guess they’d still have to give me something just b/c of emp contracts but the amount isn’t set in stone…

I contribute 6 percent of my earnings to 401k, and my employer matches that 100 percent.

That is all pretax.

I rented out the upper of my duplex, that pays the mortgage, and I get all the write offs of the house.

That and I have money auto deducted going to the hsbc online account where I don’t spend it.

same here

it’s pretax by law… they can’t match you post-tax.

I don’t know about the dog, but the cat already jumped out the window once… :fuzzyfish:

ah, the discretionary bonus. understood. although, threatening to pull discretionary bonuses in order to get you to max out your 401k sounds more like something a parent would do to force you to plan for retirement, as opposed to a supervisor. what interest does your company have in what you save?

rotfl

Dawn you should move to section 8 housing.
You live in the slums in a duplex, so it wouldnt be much worse, and should cost you about half of your current rent.
Also try to not let people offroad your cars in tift anymore.
Make pasta more often, its by far the cheapest meal.
Stop spending 55$ a month on birthcontrol and learn to swallow.
???
Profit.

I dunno, they love me as a person? It doesn’t matter I max out on less than 15% contribution

I save money by making a lot more money than I have in monthly bills?

I dunno, I suck at saving but still have a good chunk put aside. Breakfast each day ~5-10, lunch each day ~10-20, dinner out 3x a week ~200.

I could save so much if I didn’t love food so much… fuck.

401k thing.
Savings account thing.
Never carry cash is a big thing as it finds a way to burn a hole in my pocket.
Somedays when I pack my lunch I forget to eat it and go to lunch with co-workers anyways, so I’ve learned to start just leaving my debit card at home, but then I get nervous about emergencies so I bring it but it does help if you don’t have it for saving purposes.

If you (in general) are that bad about having your credit / debit card in your pocket…

Put a few hundred bucks on a prepaid card or similar. Limit your exposure.

Sadly I have HAD to counsel people to do so in the past.
The nice thing is, it works.

seriously, the only neg karma i have is from justkarter and he didnt sign it. i know it was him, cuz i said he fucked his cousin. guilty conscience?

on topic- i usually save money by saving the money i make at my full time job in a bank account and spending the money i make on weekends on whatever i need it for. some weeks i dont even spend all that money and i can put some of that in the bank too.