how fast have you gotten your car?

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:122,topic:36582"”]

Most of my top speeding has been on 2 wheels. On my r1 i got up to 180-182ish a few times, speedo corrected. It had a little more left, but to tell you the truth, that’s damn fast enough. The wind would push my helmet so hard it would squish my nose.

Best part was telling my friends, who I would pass, I was only going 180. Try telling someone who just thought they were up to 190, that they were actually going 170. They don’t like that too much. Then I’d pull up the top speed recall on the etrex lol, even then they swore my gps was busted not their speedo.

In this car I’ve been up to about 130 indicated. oops, felt like 70.

Of course this is all on a closed private road 10 miles long.

[/quote]

yea… i love that… people are ignorant… my 636 would read 189 mph… which would gps @ 159.9 which is still impressive to me since it was regeared… my zx-10r is regeared (-1,+2) and hits close to 170 mph gps’ed to be honest, i like being able to effortlessly loft the front tire in the first 4 gears with a little clutch feathering than i do going 180 mph.

now the gsxr on the other hand, i bet would come damn close to 190 mph… its geared taller than stock and has some other mod’s… too bad its off the road and i have no desire to top it out