how fast have you gotten your car?

In Grand Turismo 3, if you buy the Susuki Escudo Pikes Peak rally car you can get it top out at 321mph @ 1812 bhp. Its siq. OH wait…were we talking about in REAL life?

Most of my top speeding has been on 2 wheels. On my r1 i got up to 180-182ish a few times, speedo corrected. It had a little more left, but to tell you the truth, that’s damn fast enough. The wind would push my helmet so hard it would squish my nose.

Best part was telling my friends, who I would pass, I was only going 180. Try telling someone who just thought they were up to 190, that they were actually going 170. They don’t like that too much. Then I’d pull up the top speed recall on the etrex lol, even then they swore my gps was busted not their speedo.

In this car I’ve been up to about 130 indicated. oops, felt like 70.

Of course this is all on a closed private road 10 miles long.

Just the other day I was cruising with a pickup truck in south carolina for 20 minutes at 135-140 MPH.

On the back of his lifted, big wheels, huge and loud truck was a sticker that said 450 HP/400TQ. I’d believe it. That truck moved!

The speed6 only has 280HP, and we were about even when we were pulling from 90 up to speed…

That 60 mile stretch of highway went by pretty damned quick! LOL

[quote=“Clean Baldy,post:123,topic:36582"”]

Just the other day I was cruising with a pickup truck in south carolina for 20 minutes at 135-140 MPH.

On the back of his lifted, big wheels, huge and loud truck was a sticker that said 450 HP/400TQ. I’d believe it. That truck moved!

The speed6 only has 280HP, and we were about even when we were pulling from 90 up to speed…

That 60 mile stretch of highway went by pretty damned quick! LOL

[/quote]

which interstate were you on? Pm me if you’d like

~140 in the cavy. My speedo doesn’t go that high but I was next to a friend in an '04 GLi and that’s where his was.

~160 on the 600rr

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:118,topic:36582"”]

also … crotch rocket guys … once your speedo hits a certain mph … it becomes incorrect and reads higher …

[/quote]

word, i’ve heard that also, somewhere north of 140-150mph it starts gettin funky. The digi speedo read 174, but im guessing it was actually 165ish. At that point it really doesn’t matter anyways to me lol

145, wanted to go faster but the police make me pee my pants.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:122,topic:36582"”]

Most of my top speeding has been on 2 wheels. On my r1 i got up to 180-182ish a few times, speedo corrected. It had a little more left, but to tell you the truth, that’s damn fast enough. The wind would push my helmet so hard it would squish my nose.

Best part was telling my friends, who I would pass, I was only going 180. Try telling someone who just thought they were up to 190, that they were actually going 170. They don’t like that too much. Then I’d pull up the top speed recall on the etrex lol, even then they swore my gps was busted not their speedo.

In this car I’ve been up to about 130 indicated. oops, felt like 70.

Of course this is all on a closed private road 10 miles long.

[/quote]

yea… i love that… people are ignorant… my 636 would read 189 mph… which would gps @ 159.9 which is still impressive to me since it was regeared… my zx-10r is regeared (-1,+2) and hits close to 170 mph gps’ed to be honest, i like being able to effortlessly loft the front tire in the first 4 gears with a little clutch feathering than i do going 180 mph.

now the gsxr on the other hand, i bet would come damn close to 190 mph… its geared taller than stock and has some other mod’s… too bad its off the road and i have no desire to top it out

just under 120 in my stock cherokee limited

[quote=“MacK5270,post:129,topic:36582"”]

just under 120 in my stock cherokee limited

[/quote]

Impressive for a vehicle governor limited to 112.
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/8685/jeep-grand-cherokee-limited-4wd-57l-page3.html

Maybe yours is a different model with a different limiter.

i can tell already half of these are bs most cars are limited to around 112 or so like my moms grand prix it shuts the car off at 113 os so at like 2000rpm

A lot of cars are speed limited based on the tires they come with from the factory…

105 woooo hooo! i’m wild!

140sumthin

im sure many of these 150+ claims are BS, but who knows.

my fastest was 144-145, on a street in GI… sucks to slow down from that speed when you only have a limited braking distance… …

also it was when my buddy in his mustang wanted to see whose stock car was faster… (96 GT vs my 94 Z)… yeah you know how that ended up. it took him a good 30-40 seconds more to finally show up. couldn’t even see him anymore in the rearview… bwa haha.

Forgot, bounced the 131mph gear limit in the touring.

[quote=“badazzss,post:135,topic:36582"”]

[/quote]

Another NYSpeed’r was in the car for mine. shrug

[quote=“JayS,post:130,topic:36582"”]

Impressive for a vehicle governor limited to 112.
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/8685/jeep-grand-cherokee-limited-4wd-57l-page3.html

Maybe yours is a different model with a different limiter.

[/quote]

I know that they can do 120, been in a V8 Limited doing such.

[/quote]

There are cars here that will easily do more than 150 and so will bikes. Most of the new family cars today can probably do close to 150.

[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue: posted mine up

i topped out my first camaro which was a V6, i think it was 115 the limiter came on, i thought i blew the motor haha.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:75,topic:36582"”]

:word: I’d really like to see the redlines, gear ratios, and tire diameters for some of these claims. I’m not sure that I believe that they’re even possible.

[/quote]

OMG, do you mean people BS on the 'net? :biglaugh: