Do you think modding Honda Civics and Acura Integras is cool?

I think it’s so fucking lame.

I think it’s even more annoying than people are into modding other FWD economy platforms, simply because civic and teg owners typically think it’s somehow cooler to mod those cars than say, a neon, when they’re all of equal suckiness.

Poll coming.

Haha, this will piss off about 70% of the board, ilism

I know some of the questions are redundant, watch the ONLY stipulation on options 2 and 7

thanks josh, you fucking retard.

LOL

Also, I know that everyone can’t have a cool car like me, but there are plenty of cool RWD options for all you poor people modding civics and neons…

fuck that, hondas cost too much to make them go fast.
they were made to be daily drivers.

tegs just dont need the mods IMO

Didn’t you own a modded civic and a modded altima(maxima?) at some point in your life?

Yeah. And it fucking sucked.

I had a turbo maxima, which was my first car and all it did was spin tires. Sucked. But I got an A in a 4 credit hour class for doing it, and school paid for half of the parts.

I had a turbo D series that I bought pre-modded as a fucking winter car. Also sucked.

I’ll admit that a cleanly done, boosted swap on a honda hatch does catch my eye. But only if it’s on a bigger budget and not hacked, which narrows it down quite a bit to only a handfull that don’t suck.

I appreciate them for the power/weight highway heroes that they are. Would I buy/build one at this point in my life? Nope.

That’s about it.

NYSpeed winter wrath is in full force.

:lol: Sorry

I’m getting to the point where I think modifying anything other then a serious performer is stupid.

So that makes modifying any non-sports car stupid as shit, unless you go balls out on it. Then it can fall into the realm of a respectable sleeper.

Having a fun to drive car is easy to do, you buy it that way.

Example: M3

If you can only afford a neon or civic, do not mod it. Save your money for a new car.

Though a 500+ hp neon that runs 10s is a cool sleeper I guess. Still driving a neon though.

Different strokes for different folks.

I like RWD because i think its more fun. Like say when you launch or do a burnout you have to try to keep control, also drifting is fun although i dont do that now with my nitto’s.

e30’s are 170hp, rwd, and easy to find with a 3.73 lsd factory. recaro designed seats, and they can be had for under 2k.

thats about the jist of things right there. personally, i think its fucking stupid to buy a wayyy high priced car for example newmans car( not making an attack, just using as a comparison), or any other car that is that caliber. why buy/ mod a car if all your going to do is take a chance on putting it into a wall/tree/guardrail. now autocross i can see yes, but unless your a die hard how often do you find yourself only pushing your car on the track. not very often. now i can see the reasoning behind civics and integras, yes just a “grocery getter” but even though i like both i’d rather take my chances in a car i paid 2k for and have 5k altogether in my build. you may think i am a bit baised, oh well… other than that i could argue the ease of building a honda/acura and make nice power for relatively cheap… but thats another arguement.

Details on said course?

I voted modding any fwd sucks but I love my Integra. I had two stock Civics as my first two cars and now I love Honda. I will get an Nsx when I can afford one but for now an Integra will do.

Edit: A Civic/Integra with a drop and a lip is cool to me.

dot.

Wicked awesome honda owner

I spend 20g and my car goes 12 seconds.

Wicked awesome ls1 owner, I bought a cam and I go 10’s

Heaters. I just came in here to post that.