No Love for Honda?

honestly, why do you guys hate Honda so much?

please don’t tell it’s because the majority of honda owners (esp civic/integra) make it look and sound like shit.

is it because they’re FWD?
is it because they have many more parts readily available than 240’s?

I know that the majority of honda’s(modded ones) suck. But a properly tuned honda is hella fun; even if it is FWD. vtec + turbo is awsome.

So tell me, I really want to know why no honda besides besides s2k and nsx deserves respect.

I don’t hate Honda’s…They are fine for what they are made for… but I would never pick one for modifying or anything like that… It’s FWD, and it can never be balanced like a rwd car… tell me how would one have a 50/50 (or close to that) weight distribution on a fwd car? On top of that, Honda never had any stock boosted engines, and they are almost all 2L and under… (except for the couple 2.2’s and 2.4’s)…

Also, no proper AWD or RWD (if you exclude the s2k and nsx) platforms… and honda was never known really to make any cars for enthusiasts…

oh and I do have a civic at home, lol… but like I said I would never even touch it…

that’s just my opinion though… I’m sure there’s people out there that don’t give a damn about any of the stuff I just mentioned…

I only hate the S2000 because it’s a torqueless monster. But that feature
pales in comparison to everything else the car is capable of.

Those last 2 are pimp. I just can’t tell if they’re Civics or Accords, b/c they looked freakin identical back then.

And I never said the S2K deserved respect :stuck_out_tongue:
Then again in my eyes, the 240SX isn’t all that deserving of respect either. The only cars Nissan made that deserve respect are the original Datsun 240Z, the GT-R and maybe the S15. And the NSX is way better than any of them.

Japanese cars that deserve respect (I might be missing a few):

NSX
RX-7 FD (I’m sorry Greg… :p)
240Z
GT-R
AE86
S15
Miata

I think that’s about it, but I could be forgetting a few.

too bad fd is a pile of shit

GT

i dont hate honda

i am considering parting out my car to get a rust free white EG hatch from nevada and going K20A on itb’s

or a built and boosted b18c1

none the honda’s are bad :stuck_out_tongue: just most of them in america are made to do quarter miles like no tomroow…performance wise the 100% type r hondas in japan makes are all good to me :)… but stock wise… nsx is pretty much only car i love…

I really think it is more of a manufacturer rivalry like that of the domestics. Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge.

240 drivers don’t have much bad to say about toyota becase they have the supra, and mazda becase they have the rx7. Honda doesn’t really have anything in the same price range that is like the 240. Also, there are a TON of civics and integras out there that can easilly be beaten by most stock 240s so that makes them an easy target.

That is just my thought. I really have nothing good to say about sentra’s if that makes you feel any better.

Actually the new Civic Si is a pretty nice car. I’ll admit.

197hp in a 2-door Civic, Limited Slip, 6-Speed Manual, Tuned Suspension w/ Larger Stabilizer Bars

I’m just not looking forward to what people are going to DO to them.

I’d probably consider buying a Civic or something for a daily driver if every kid and his dog didn’t want one.

Hondas can be nice if they are done up properly.

so why do you need a 50/50 distribution so much? please explain. Hondas are very well balanced already and through suspension tuning they oversteer when going offthrottle.

Why do you need a boosted engine when you have a very reliable vtec engine? I understand that the power is limited, however some people prefer reliability over power. Just think about what you’re saying. Honda doesn’t need boost to make almost 200 crank hp with a 1.8 liter. Nissan has to boost their engines to make that much. Lets think for a second, your 240 is a 2.4 liter and only makes 155 at the crank. What’s that? More gas use for less horsepower? Good job sparky.

Regarding honda never making cars for car enthusiasts… what about the Type-R’s? all the econoboxes tuned to perfection and will outrun any nissan “performance” car on the track hands down.

It is your opinion, and it’s flawed. So think before you speak.

Btw, I am the proud owner of the car in the above picture.

Too bad you’re on crack and the FD is one of the nicest cars ever made, otherwise I might agree with you. :roll:

…and eff you Solarian, FC’s pwn your little rotten ass S13s.

…and Pavel just loves Hondas cause he has his ‘sweet’ Acura.

waits for flameage and/or lockage

haha, you guys are too much.

Hondas have their place. They can make great tuner cars or great daily drivers.

I say, if you have something negative to say - you should have some facts to back it up.

“HONDA SUCKS BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY SO I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT” or any variation of that just makes you sound like a punk. This is also the reason poor GT has to lock 99% of these threads - the average (note: average) maturity level on this board is at about the level of a 16 year olds.

See? I said something negative so I backed it up with a fact :slight_smile: (bolded for your viewing ease)

but… honda has vtec… YO!

yet my VTEC outruns most stock boost SR’s, and my car handles just as well if not better than most of your uber tuned cars.

I’m in no way saying that I think that my CL-S has better performance car overall, i’m just saying that my car that’s almost stock, outperforms your cars that are modified and are highly illegal (like my 240 used to be), while maintaining luxury and comfort.

So, no honda’s don’t suck. In fact Nissan variable timing system was taken from hondas as far as I know. Therefore nissan’s suck! NISSANS SUCK!!!

Apparently 90% of the forum is down with Honda in their own way…

And all these cars except the NSX relate to Honda Appreciation Thread HOW?

http://www.acura.com/models/nsx_index.asp?section=home&page=index

1 word for NSX… Hot.

i have a 240nsx

Keep it clean.