how fast have you gotten your car?

I don’t really do top speed runs in my own cars that often, my van is limited to 117mph and has the power and gearing to get there pretty quickly. No point in trying to set minivan speed records. Here are the cars I have done top speed runs in…
98 A4 (chipped) 145mph, 401 between Detroit and London. No idea the actual speed, factor 3-5% less for the usual speedo error.

2005 Mercedes SLK 200, 240kph (150mph) Autobahn between Nurburg and Zweibrucken. Rented car, not bad for only 168hp. Top speed on the Nurburgring in the same car was 225kph.

2006 Hyundai Tucson, also rented, 195kph, that’s all it had (4cyl, awd, stick) Also on the Autobahn. I drove this thing across France at 165 to 175kph all day. It’s top speed on the Nurburgring was 210kph downhill before Aremberg, but downhill doesn’t count.

I’ve tried it in other cars I have owned, but none have been very remarkable, My Protege5 was topped out at about 125, the Neon was limited by gearing at about 140 but I never tried it as the very aggressive alignment and suspension made it very twitchy on the highway, my old van was limited to 109mph and struggled to meet that.