how fast have you gotten your car?

Turboing your car won’t change the gear ratio. You’ll only ever be able to top out at 140 unless you rev the piss out of it. Theoretically you can hit 160 if you rev to 9500 rpm but that’s another topic completely.

teg topped out at 160mph

i find alot of numbers on here to be relatively unreasonable… i figure many people would be surprised to find the true top end of their vehicles with a gps… and i think 160 mph to be unsafe as can be in half the cars on here :lol:

130ish in the supercharged max

118 DD Neon SOHC
90 black betty winter beater, thought it was gonna flip over
125 dads impala, 3.9L
97 dads envoy

jesus christ i don’t think i’d have the balls for anything over 130 in our light little cars, fuck that, wow

im just wondering, if this thought has occurred to anyone else reading this…

if you’re piloting a motor vehicle traveling at these “claimed” speeds…WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING DOWN AT THE SPEEDOMETER!?!?!?!?!?! I would think that at those speeds, your eyes would be glued to the road. 100+ is FAST, in the split second that you look down to see your speedometer, someone could pull out in front of you, a deer could run out in front of you, anything could happen and you’re done.

and the patron saint of common sense & wise decisions has spoken

Brother’s, it doesn’t take but a moment to glance. Otherwise, 10 & 2, straight and true and eyes glued to the tarmac.

Kinda sad I’ve hit 140 more times since I started hanging out with a certain board member on here like a month ago than I ever have in my life lol.

If you’re going this fast in the first place you aren’t really in the right frame of mind lol, I’ve taken pics of my speedo at 130+ while driving.

Safe, I know.:picard:

my car takes FOREVER to slow down from 80 mph… i cant imagine what id be doing to her from any faster than that… the bike on the other hand… gets to top speed and back to zero in a matter of seconds… i feel right at home on the bike at 100+, its kind of scary to be honest… in a car, im not a big fan of speed… ill cruise on the highway at 80-85… but thats about as fast as i go in my car… ever

I think I’d feel the other way around, then again I have yet to get on a bike and find out for myself.

you’d be thinking incorrectly then sir :wink: a “fast” bike will feel out of control in comparison to a car if you’ve never ridden, but get some miles under your belt and ride next to “fast” cars and watch their reaction when you stop fast or accelerate fast… hell ask psychopjv or choko

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=663&page_number=11 and i assure you my zx-10r and gsxr 1000 are MUCH faster than a 1994 zx-9r… and i also assure few… if any…of the cars in this thread accelerate AND STOP nearly as fast as some of the cars that were made to “perform”

I’ve gone 130 or so in my sbc astro van. I rigged the 1978 Camaro Z28 speedo(130mph)into the dash. Dunno if it was off much. I was racing a friend in his FireBird GTA. He killed me up to 80, then I got up to a car behind, and we just stayed in it like fools. My rigged Z28 speedo was bouncing off the end of the range, my buddy said we were going 130 or better.
It took quiet ahile to get up there with the 2.78 gears but, I got up there. One of the more retarded things I did when I was a teenager. I still cant believe how stable that van was at that speed though. It had 8" wide tires on the front, and 10" wide on the back, it sat a bit lower than most Astro vans…If I had to make a curve though…I would have been done though.
Funnier yet, I dont like taking my GP much over 90 these days on the roads/highways. I think after my accident it kinda lets you know how fast shit goes from, "woah, this is cool and scary, to OMG…uuughhhh w…t…F happened, why am I in this yard, why is there an ambulance…whos that other person the stretcher…yeah it sucks.

Hit 139mph in the neon r/t, 80-90mph in the conquest, toped out the xtreme s-10 with almost 300hp@95mph shitty governor lol, maybe 120mph in the a4 and fastest was 164mph in a certain s/c 1988 TAURUS SHO :rofl: yes i was pissing on myself…

However I have gone 111mph in a s/c Fountain boat and thats a whole new word off speed just plain scary!!!

50 mph in a boat feels sooo fast, i think the fastest i’ve ever gone on water was on a jetski and was around 65-70 mph…

i’ve also seen a 15 ft boston whaler flip from only going 40 mph, so im a little weary on water. thats for sure

R1 was reading 186, someday I’ll get something to break that 2nd century mark…

Hawk brake pads, ftw!