how fast have you gotten your car?

Personally, I’ve no clue as to what’s the fastest I’ve gone. I’ve wrapped a speedo on an '87 Camaro (maybe around 110 - no clue).

Never had the urge to really unwind my Monaro… but I just came back from a 4-hour road trip from NYC, and snapped this…

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2091/2339114496_8bcf6a03dc.jpg

i pasted a tropper on the 219 doing 110 (i didn’t even see him) in my audi he just looked and said fuck it lol.

Nice, I just averaged 75.2mph in 1447 miles driving down to Naples FL, with stops as I left the car on.

Was pretty pleased with that considering I wasnt going balls out.

You probably say that about a lot of people. Guess what? Its not them its you. Your arrogants is lame.Your car is lame.You sir are just lame. do the world a favor . Start your car on fire while you are inside of it.

^ Roffle iron

sigh…

im not arrogant. i just cant wrap my head around the idea of modding a 4cyl FWD car. its like shoveling money into a fire. and most people with hondas think they are the cats ass because of a walmart wing and a fart can. yeah there is some people who are modest but there are alot that arent.

LOL
I have to agree with that in most cases.
Also I remember some years back talking to tuners.
They said “well we wanted a challenge so we decided to start making 4cyls go fast, everyone has a fast domestic”

Which use to mean something to me, Now you can slap a turbo on a stock b16 and make 300+hp at the wheels @ 9psi.
Somehow that dosen’t seem like such a feat. (not bashing the honda guys)
Its all power to weight ratio when it comes to drag racing.
I think its alot more impressive to make a 10 second street legal car that weighs 3000lbs+ (with driver).
The 4cyl crowd crys you have a bigger engine, blah blah blah.
Its all a prepetual circle.
To each his own, the boosted honda world use to say well we still get 24mpg.
The small block guys anwsered this with the ls1.
theres no winning thie argument.
Theres a video of sheps talon running like 7.70 and still losing to a notch.
Basically anything can be fast if you want to throw enough money at it.
The only major difference is reliability, ask the import world even the honda guys/
They say fast and reliable dont go hand in hand.
domestic cars with 500hp generally dont have reliability issues.
Most turbo anything and any Built imports seem to lose all reliability when they break 400hp.
This is just what I’ve seen, please try not to flame here as I’ve taken no side in the un winable argument.

my car is 3300 lbs. its going to take alot to get it to be anything under 12 seconds. a new turbo and fuel system can get me into the 12’s but anything more than that is a ton of money. heads, cams, bottom end. fuel management, blah blah. plus my car is rear wheel drive…no torque steer

I know of at least one hatchback honda aroudn here that would mop the floor with me

I agree you should dump buckets of money into a 5 cyl.

No matter what you do it involves slightly more money than you have. And you have to decide what exactly you like and want to do. Everything is different and that’s ok.

I can’t see me taking on a fuel car down the strip in a straight line. But I can’t see him(her) trying to wheel that over dirt on a rally. Either case can be an experience.

To each their own. Do what you like, like what you do.

who cares what everyone else does :shrug: its not your money or vehicle so shut your yappers with your childish opinions.

Brian

are u fuckin stupid. None of my friends that have fast hondas have a “walmart wing and a fartcan” there are hondas around here well over 400whp that would easily get into the 12’s and 11’s. You have no idea what youre talking about.

thats great that none of your friends are like that. but there are alot of honda owners that give you and your friends a bad name. its my opinion i guess and take it as such. IMO any FWD car shouldnt be modified. i make fun of my friend because he wants to modify a saturn. (search 94satsc2) thats a waste of money there.

Who the hell cares.

145 in the SHO after the swap, 120+ in the 300M Special, 95 in the '68.

95 in that car is fucking scary. The hood flutters at 80 in a crosswind.

of course there are a lot of hondas that look like shit and give us a bad name. who cares, we cant do nething about it. Just build ur own car, there are people who put body kits and wings and fartcans on 300z’s too, it happens everywhere you go. And when u have the opportunity to make 400+ whp in a car that wieghs 2,000 pounds or less, the fact that its fwd shouldnt be a reason not to do it.

107 mph in my exploder, which I thought was going to explode at that speed.

lol

LOL, I did 95 for about 5 minutes in a bone stock 77 VW Beetle, with tires that were 10 years old

you may not be arrogant but you sure are ignorant