how fast have you gotten your car?

about 120 in my 04 Dakota. Shit feels fast as fuck in a truck.

Forgot the 115 in my G20 van redlining 4th gear

140…something in the tdi. chipped no governor ftw

[quote=“Zong,post:54,topic:36582"”]

without EM, I think thats where it’s capped.

ps, you are crazy.

[/quote]

I did 150 in someone else’s STI…

136 in my prelude

[quote=“Zong,post:54,topic:36582"”]

without EM, I think thats where it’s capped.

ps, you are crazy.

[/quote]

yea it just stops right at 155, def capped…it still had more in it :slight_smile:

198 on gps on the gixxer 1k
190 on QEW in Viper with more juice to go.

142 through the traps at the strip. On the highway, I pegged the 160mph speedo. It was ~5,700rpm in 5th which is ~175mph. That was enough as I had the feeling the convertible top was about to go flying.

I’ve only been to 115-120 in the Thunderbird.Only because the driveshaft isn’t suppose to handle anything past 105 with a 3.27 final drive and I have 3.73 so I really shouldn’t be drivin faster than 93mph.I’ll replace the driveshaft and try again.The car has no governer and will be able to hit 140mph on stock suspension and gear ratio in the tranny.

I have a feeling there are some very inaccurate speedometers in many of the cars here…

Mine told me I was going high 150’s and still had rpm to spare…but I’m not gonna claim that as being too accurate.

[quote=“LXTASY,post:70,topic:36582"”]

I have a feeling there are some very inaccurate speedometers in many of the cars here…

Mine told me I was going high 150’s and still had rpm to spare…but I’m not gonna claim that as being too accurate.

[/quote]

Nope,I insalled the 21 tooth purple speedo gear.My speedo is dead on.

[quote=“95xbird,post:71,topic:36582"”]

Nope,I insalled the 21 tooth purple speedo gear.My speedo is dead on.

[/quote]

You’re one of the few who seems legit…I’m talking of some of the cars claiming 160+. My car also has proper speedo gears so, in theory, mine is correct. But at speeds that high I have a feeling it’s accuracy is lost. Same thing happens with snowmobiles when a speedo will be pegged at 120mph but gps records them at 97mph…

mine is the opposite. going through the traps i though i was at around ~130. obviously its hard to be sure with everything going on, but it ended up being 141. that was a shock

because u blew the tires right off from launching bill lol

[quote=“LXTASY,post:70,topic:36582"”]

[/quote]

:word: I’d really like to see the redlines, gear ratios, and tire diameters for some of these claims. I’m not sure that I believe that they’re even possible.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:35,topic:36582"”]

[/quote]

lol

No idea exactly how fast, but the speedometer was pegged at 145 in my dsm quite a few years ago on the QEW. It was not fun.

i hit 155mph in my old 91 jetta, but like people say who knows how accurate etc etc…

my 96 jetta seriously hasnt seen over 85mph since ive owned it

my 89 600 saw 145

my 636 saw 174

143 on the HUD, in the gtp.
125 is the 73 grand am
130 in the camaro racing a lambo

[quote=“psphinx81,post:74,topic:36582"”]

because u blew the tires right off from launching bill lol

[/quote]

it actually wasnt that bad that day. ya, so the cords showed up the next day :lol:, but it was still cutting 1.80s

130mph in a GTP before I saw traffic