how fast have you gotten your car?

a totally lame 120mph , its an unimpressive number i know

151mph on the QEW with my boosted GSR on the way to a car show.
Toasted all the ricers going up there :wink:

this should be a 2 part question… how fast have you gone, and how long did it take you to get there :stuck_out_tongue:

I did 90 on the 90 once. ooo

[quote=“MPD47,post:32,topic:36582"”]

175+ in the 951, still hadnt topped out 5th. Shooting for 200+ now.

[/quote]

word I pegged the speedo in my 951 and still have plenty of 5th to go. It was still pulling hard till I shut down

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:83,topic:36582"”]

this should be a 2 part question… how fast have you gone, and how long did it take you to get there :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

When I did high 150’s in my Mustang I used about 1 mile worth of highway to do so. Up to 140 it felt fine, but after that the lack of aerodynamics became quite obvious and I thought I could lose it at any second…that’s when I let off the gas.

I’ve had a few runs in the SHO up to 140…when it was an auto is seemed to take forever. With the manual I was quite suprised that it got there with ease.

However, both of my cars aren’t all that fast…I’d really like to take a drive in a car that pulls harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdd up top.

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:56,topic:36582"”]

140ish in a stolen IROC on the 190 about 12 years ago

[/quote]

Someone stole my Iroc about 12 years ago.
I did 128 on my snowmobile Across a frozen lake. (75 on an UNfrozen lake! It’s called water skipping! Get going at least 50 ish MPH on land, hit water and hold on!)
148 On my 98 Ninja 1100.
142 in my GN.

[quote=“mindless,post:49,topic:36582"”]

salt flats anyone??

[/quote]

Been there. Done that. Going again next year.

3 mile prepped course with radar next to the 11 mile international course. Planning on taking the 951 next time.

I had my old 9c1 caprice up past 140 down in PA on the thruway it would have keep pulling but stopping distance at those speeds are astronomical!

When I had my Firebird I raced a modded f body dont know how fast were got up to but when I glanced down at the speedo (about 4 seconds after I let off the gas) it was still in the 130 range

close to 140, scared as shit at that point becuase handling becomes an issue. no idea what’s left in it. also not sure how accurate that is. took for fucking ever to get it up that fast. or so it seemed at the time. i have a pic on my phone i’d post if i could figure out how. nothing special. just 120 in 5th gear :frowning: still had 6th. i think i hit 120 in 6th at like 4500 rpms or something like that so i dont think over 140 will happen

Took the Expedition up to 100 on the way back from Rochester this morning just to post it in this thread. :slight_smile:

Lots of wind noise when you get a big brick going that fast. Only did it because no one was in front of me for at least a mile.

186 indicated on my dad’s honda.

[quote=“newman,post:92,topic:36582"”]

[/quote]

What kinda honda does your dad have?

Geez, the coolest cars my dad had we a 911 Boxter and drop top stingray vette’

Oh and his old suburban I needed my mom to pick me up to put me in called “haulin ass” yeah I know real original

131 in the gti…then i got scared.

113 in the 2.slo beetle. only took me twenty minutes to get going that fast.

[quote=“Skurge,post:42,topic:36582"”]

155 in the STI

[/quote]

thought they are limited to 145? at least mine is, so thats my top

Dont really drive fast on the street, maybe 120 but that was years ago? Fastest the car has gone since I have owned it was limiter in 3rd on a dyno, no idea how fast that was guess between 150-160

110ish in any car I’ve driven. I don’t trust cars.
186+ shown on the R1. (R1 forum guys who’ve hit that mark said it’s registered around 174 on the gps)

[quote=“newman,post:92,topic:36582"”]

[/quote]

NSX maby ? or def not stock, lol

[quote=“IKSHO89,post:98,topic:36582"”]

NSX maby ? or def not stock, lol

[/quote]

Bike.

I have gone 280 on the QEW.:stuck_out_tongue: