how fast have you gotten your car?

OK. I’ll bite.

140ish in my '95 Z28 coupe last October in the sticks of NC at 1am after seafoaming the intake

Can’t say the bottom end was happy a couple days later, but that shit was FUN.

^ i did 140ish a couple years ago before, felt like a scary wooden rollercoaster, so I backed right down.

985160487632mph in my space suttle

o and 160ish in my teg

[quote=“matter,post:162,topic:36582"”]

^ i did 140ish a couple years ago before, felt like a scary wooden rollercoaster, so I backed right down.

[/quote]

shit - forgot, mine was professionally lowered before i got it with lowpro 18s. Aside from the fucker bottoming out running over painted lines, mine rode on rails, so common sense was the only factor holding my bro & I back. Fuck, that was fun! I’m dying to call Golen for their 360hp LT1 longblock… :lickout:

143 before i got my tune, takes too much road to get up to those speeds for me…

[quote=“deathproof001,post:157,topic:36582"”]

NOW, do an indicated 120(about an actual 100) on a snowmobile past ECC south (on the public road covered in snow) in a blizzard and then you’ll feel like your going a lot faster than you are.

[/quote]

thats funny because in your car i drove it 130 past berts

[quote=“deathproof001,post:157,topic:36582"”]

NOW, do an indicated 120(about an actual 100) on a snowmobile past ECC south (on the public road covered in snow) in a blizzard and then you’ll feel like your going a lot faster than you are.

[/quote]

but that’s easy!

[quote=“MPD47,post:153,topic:36582"”]

I could believe that, but it’s pathetic if it’s that far off. We checked several BMW speedos (e46 330i, e60 M5, e39 M5) against GPS and Radar at the Salt flats and it was dead nuts accurate even over 140. Only one that was “off” was an e46 M3 which at 156 was showing 158.

[/quote]

Did you or anybody you were with do a check on any Audis? I’d like to be naive and believe my speedo but it’d be nice to have some solid evidence.

passed the needle on the compg…had “polorized” sunglasses on when I did it so I didn’t have a look at the hud to see how far past :stuck_out_tongue: Was in fourth when I let off. Was on my way to vermont, came around a banked turn and all my buddy and I saw was open and strait road, one look at eachother and I put the pedal to the floor.

More or less wanted to see if I could get my advertised speed out of the car…not planning on doing that again, more fun seeing how fast I can get from a stop to the end of a 1/4 mile :slight_smile:

[quote=“MPD47,post:32,topic:36582"”]

175+ in the 951, still hadnt topped out 5th. Shooting for 200+ now.

[/quote]

Take it easy there “Maverick”. :smiley:

Buried the needle on my WRX for about…6-7 seconds. Don’t know the speed, but I felt like “Goose”!

actually, my speed is my post count. <-- Lookie

pegged the speed limiter (107) in my Roadmaster the other day on my way to work
Sending the Pcm to pcmforless, hello 150+

160’s all i got in my teg and my hatch

I hit 140mph once in 5th and it was still pulling pretty hard, but that was enough for me, objects go by way too fast at that speed. The car actually felt quite stable though which is nice to know. I have a beretta for a beater/winter rat and that thing feels like its gonna fall apart at 85MPH (scary! lol).

I’ll have to edit my last post.
Last weekend coming back from Erie, PA on the 90 racing some fag in a 350z… 151MPH

somewhere in the low 160s probably since the car was saying 170 or so… with 300whp the car climbed up to an indicated 150 like nothing then really hit a wall.

Not really sure, speedo only goes to 160 . The needle was past that but ran out of runway had to shut down.

Ran out of gear at 162…

no faster than that

limiter at 118,reved out then shifted to 5th it slipped cause the fluid leaked outta the side from someone stripping the bearing cover bolts and there goes the transmission.Not fun having something important break at 118