how is buffalo treating you?

[quote=“accordtl99,post:57,topic:29409"”]

yeah,but then how many people comes to buffalo for edu or job then leave?? i mean as far as i know population in buffalo is decreasing…

[/quote]

^ Oh I realize the population is decreasing, but it doesn’t mean people are necessarily making a good decision. A lot of people are fed up with NY’s liberal government spending and out of control taxes, or leave because they see jobs paying better money in other cities. But then they get there and realize even though taxes are lower and they’re making more money, their actual quality of life is less than they had before they moved.

350k homes that would be 150k in WNY, paying for private school because the public schools are nothing like the good ones here in WNY, hour+ commutes to work compared to my 5 minute drive to the office etc etc.

If you can find a decent job, which can be a bit more work than in other booming areas of the country, this can be a great place to live. Both my wife and I have changed career type jobs twice since we left school, and neither time did we have issues finding jobs here. There are signs politics might be changing, but that has a LOOOOOONG ways to go and a huge fight with some very powerful unions and career politicians ahead.