How many of us....

The 240 imo is the most affordable RWD around. Hence my decision to buy one.

• it does look sexy

10 reasons why the hell I got my 240:

1. RWD=agile
  2. affordable
  3. cheap insurance
  4. overwhelming aftermarket support
  5. a project car for many enthusiasts which means i can do a lot in tuning it
  6. the s15 conversion
  7. i wanted a drift car long before i did drag in the phils
  8. my mechanic buddies told me its a good car + it is our project car
  9. many type of engines to swap it with
  10. its good car that we can transform into something awesome

all we need is $$$ and more $$$

oh so what no one wants to say because of drifting… :stuck_out_tongue: well i got my 240 because ive liked it for as long as i can remember. i was in the honda phase but grew out of that crap to much rice.

the reasons:

1. like it ever since grade 6
  2. cheap back in the day
  3. drifting
  4. inital d “dont hate”
  5. change from all the hondas

so thats that…

I was never a car buff… played lots of sports. When i was looking for a nice sports car the 240 was the sexiest car i seen IMO. SO i had to get it, saved up for 2 years to get it.

Now have plans for S13.5 and hopefully an RB26… since there really isnt any in BC with the RB and SR’s are common.

…i dont think ive added to this section yet.
reason i got my 240 is ever since i saw it i fell in love with it and wanted one, not knowing too much about cars (still really dont… i turn the key shift gears and i drive…ohhh and put gas in it.) no but really i just liked the way it looked and read many reviews on it before and didnt read anything bad about it so it even made me want it more. just one problem was i didnt have the money and i had a crappy sunfire (still got it, anyone wanna buy it?)
then i went to a family gathering, and my cousin showed up in a white s13 (one i own now) and said to him if he ever thinks of selling it let me know, a year or so later, my neighbour around the corner from me just grabed a white s14 (around the time my cousin was selling and i needed to let him know if i was going to get it) and everyday i drove to work and came home there it was stareing at me like it was mocking me, then… whalla, i own it now and im am very pleased with it. :A
i dont think i could of made a better choice of vehicle, ive made alot of new friends and it handles awsome.

and thats about it.

brad.

I really like the lightweight chassis. You know, when you kick it, and all the rusty frame parts fall off? Beats me having to strip a car down, you know? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahha JOKING

yeah the rust issue is bad but its an all around good car no doubt…

hmm my first car was a 93 prelude when i was 19, fun car, but after about 10 months, I sold it and bought an s13…got in an accident 13 days later…repaired it, sold it, went to Japan, came back in 2006, bought a 98 Civic…n just recently grabbed a 93 240 hatch…
I bought this 240 because:
1)i miss the first 240 i had n never got to really enjoy it…
2)my friend crashed his car n bought a 240sx recently(this really pushed me into buying another one)
3)my civic is too slow and i was gonna turbo it…decided to sell my custom kit and buy a 240sx lol
4)initial D haha
5)i think the car is mad sexy when dressed right.

I just love 240’s period.

I have more fun Drifting my 135hp s14 then i did Dragracing my 300hp AWD Eagle Talon.

BUT, I somtimes miss smoking V8s… for now evil laughter

had 6 240’s in the pas 1 s13(never agian) more problems then a having a gf. and 5 s14’s (would keep getting agian and agian).

only reason i bought it is for drifting. thats why i went through so many cars. also its the best bang for the bucks car. RELIABLE, fun to drive, a lot of potential, not too gettho, heavy aftermarket support, and NISMO is the shit!

the only cars that will replace a s14 is a 350z or g35.

and yes i started off w/ a civic… but that didnt last long

I dunno how I got my 240…I just woke up oneday with “DRIFT KING” tattood across my back…and then I went outside and had a 98 JDM kouki RHD parked next to my cavalier…drunken nights…

got my 240 for the fact that fwd sucks. i have been around rwd cars since the begining. other then one winter beater vw golf that i blew up cause of the fact it was fwd. now i do get down on some sliding…but really no future career is suggested in the sport :slight_smile:

RWD
Japanese
Easy to work on

• More than enough reason… Just stuck with what works.

As time progessed, learnt about the car’s handling (a little, with a lot more to go). Funny enough, I (recently) remembered how I spent an hour at the Nissan Dealership in T&T. They had a brand new purple S14a in the showroom, at the time. Today, after not driving for a couple of years, I own a purple S14.

I had fwd cars before and hated understeer as i like to take corners fast and enjoy driving. I wanted a fun rwd DD with backseats, cheap too, & 240sx fits the bill perfect. 300zx 2+2 also took ny fancy but 240sx won out on cheap. I had been researching the 240sx 6mnths prior to buying it 2wks bak. Just waiting for insurance & plates till i can use it freely on road.

240 & GTR = LOVE
best cars in the world since i was like 12

I just happened to come across a good find,
I was starting to get sikk of taking the bus,
seeing some of my friends already have their cars so after 1st year of college I went to work mode, and car searching…

I wanted something RWD because of the feeling, the handling and the way it delivers the power to the back wheels…also the drifting craze that’s on the rise, lol

I wanted a Trans Am but I realize that the gas would of raped me
and I’d be a work whore, so I opted for something in the Japanese market…
Toyota Supra Mk2 or Mk3 for the price and the reliability, and not to mention the RWD and boost in the Mk3. I drove both cars, they weren’t bad but the Mk2 were too old, especially interior wise and the Mk3 just didn’t suit my tastes.

So I heard about the 240 by my friend, and how it was one of the most affordable bang for the buck RWD fun that could be had, which wasn’t a bitch on gas…& the drift rep that the cars where known for.

so I came across an 89’…got it for an amazing deal and taken as fact by many others who’ve seen my car, it’s one of the most mint 240’s out there, everything from the frame rails to the jack stand and those orange stoppers. just got the common bubbling on the A pillar and the strut towers, and that’s about it…should be gone by the summer and a CA swap should be completed…

…& that’s my car story for now.

Back in the day when I was a ricer, I got introduced to 240s because a buddy of mine bigged it up so much. After driving Rwd layout, I found it was alot more fun than driving an FF, I have yet to experience AWD/4WD Layout.

After being exposed to the 240 scene, I quickly fell in love with S14/S15 and appreciated the Nissan, JDM scene alot more.

Then again, I don’t want to be driving anything else, (no offense to anyone that drives any of the following cars) like a Honda or Domestic. Although, at this point, I wouldn’t mind driving a Yaris/Fit for a winter beater.

I love my S14/Silvia and I don’t think i’ll ever sell it unless I were to upgrade to something better. ie. 350Z, G35 though i’m not really a fan of them. I don’t really see upgrading to cars such as an R32 or whatever, since it is older, even though it may be faster, look better (in other peoples opinions). But I consider an upgrade, something newer with less mileage, heated seats, navigation system and CUP HOLDERS! lol

Maybe 10 years from now when I’ve got a house and real-job with real income, I can pick up a 2008+ GT-R or Nismo 380RS. Now, that is SEX on wheels. Also, wouldn’t mind importing an S15 or R33 400R if they don’t change the importing laws by then.

I got my 240 because i couldn’t afford a good fc, since that i’ve been living on my own and supporting myself really i mean everything myself since 17 the reason why is actually because of me being over obsessed with racing i actually just started drifting a year ago only i liked Bimers before BUT the 240 any year is A PROPER SPORTS CAR whatever you like to do you can do drag, drift and off course, proper circuit racing BEAUTIFUL MACHINE you can stick as much power as you like

I would pick a Silvia S13 any skyline, fairlady any day guaranteed