How many of you think you are a healthy eater?

If you want to see insane sodium amounts on foods, look at any frozen pre-cooked “Uncle Bens” style microwavable meals, especially the ones from the local Chienese store.

Damn good, but the amounts will scare you.

this, and then i eat more

+1

LOL, yes! but a can of Campbell soup would be enough to kill you, which usually pack around 2000mg of sodium. I am obsessed with reading those labels on stuff when I shop, which is an adventure in and of itself…:ahh:ahh

Read the back of a 5 hour drink and have fun

Oh and you would :lol

I have been eating better than I used to. I don’t get burgers and shit at fast food restaurants now. I usually order a salad, but the salt content in the dressing is sky fucking high. 30% your daily value based on a 2000 calorie diet, whatever that ends up being. I use about half of the pouch. I eat sushi a lot which I think is pretty healthy, thought I may be wrong. I use very little soy sauce and I use the low sodium stuff when I can get it.

So have I in the past 6 months.

Vitamin B12: 999999999999999999999999999999%

I try to eat as healthy as Sully.

i fucking hate threads like this. they kinda offend me

Lets see,

Arizona ice tea and poptart every morning

lunch maybe. like every other day, if so its a slice of pizza, $5.40 lunch special chineese food, or a big delli samich.

dinner maybe. depends if i have side work to do, if i do i usually dont eat shit. If not its regular dinner food, nothing special, nothing over the top bad for you.

Drink beer, atleast one a day.

my diet sucks.

But I dont sit on ass (other than at work) all day long, so somehow I am still a twig.

Someone explain to me in an educated manner how you can have as much sodium as you desire as long as you have plenty of potassium? Because I’ve never heard of that nor can I find any information about it.

Its not that you can have as much sodium as you want, thats a bunch of BS…Its the fact that you should intake the same levels of potassium as sodium for your body to help your heart, muscles (which for all of you that live at the gym should realize that both of these minerals help with the health and repair of muscles) and digestion stay healthy and keep in order.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN TAKE IN 80000MG OF SODIUM AS LONG AS YOU TAKE IN 80000MG OF POTASSIUM.

Bottom line too much sodium will raise your BP which can lead to heart disease in the future. And just because you may have low BP doesn’t mean you can have as much sodium as you want either but you do need to maintain a certain amount to keep healthy cutting out sodium from your diet is just as unhealthy as taking in too much.

High blood pressure from sodium is caused by increased water retention. Restoring the electrolytic balance by using potassium supplements or eating potassium rich foods can counteract the effects, thus lowering blood pressure. I am obviously speaking of moderately above recommended sodium intake, not eating a fuckin’ salt lick and then eating an entire banana tree. Theres obviously exceptions to all of this, you don’t want to be eating ridiculous amounts of sodium OR potassium if you have kidney disease…

Don’t believe me? Google will back me up, brah.

To an extent thats correct but to much potassium is worse then eating to much salt so I wouldnt say just balance the two out

And it your first post you basically said there is nothing wrong with taking in too much sodium, which yes there is, there is a limit when it comes to balancing it out and becoming unhealthy, which you didn’t state in your first post…brah.

u dont want a lot of soudium, protassium or phosphorus. ask me how i know.

How do you know?

You had to go there LOL

what is protassium? is that the extreme version of potassium?