How much did you Buy your motor for?

generally speaking what did you pay for your Engine?
Post specs on engine and price, Maybe even where you got it from :pedo3:

i’ll start.

I once picked up a Single cam for a friends old 89 hatch for 80 bucks! shit ran good
this was like 3 years ago i baught it off a guy in Bolton he has a R33 skyline last time i remembered.

I also traded him some parts and he gave me his S13 was flat black rusty as shit but i booted it all the way home!

Picked up my engine 2 years ago from Karim @ Total JDM

It’s a S13 Blacktop SR for $2000

I took it apart and changed every damn gasket and hose on it myself. The engine was in pretty good condition, the valvetrain looked okay and there was no ring ridge when I had the head off, meaning the previous owner(s) didn’t use it much as a grocery getter.

But the tranny did have a broken tooth, it was stuck on the magnetic drain plug when I took it off. Took it back to Karim about a month later (cuz I was so busy building the engine, I didn’t get around to the tranny) and he exchanged it for me no problems. But I’m kind worried maybe it was a drifter who had it before me…who else breaks a tooth and installs HKS spark plugs into the engine?

blacktop sr for 2K sounds like a decent price to me, especially if karim honoured an unspoken warranty.
how much km did it have and whats it got now?

A Milli

The km’s the engine had is unknown, but I’ve put about 2500km on it since I tore it apart. I was definitely grateful that Karim did what he did, but you gotta wonder what it takes to break a tooth in a tranny =/

r you looking for a 13b turbo 2? i might be able to find you one with tranny. but im pretty sure your na is just locked…

tell your dad (my boy) ill pass by someday with a 24 of beers. :smiley:

Got a silvia front clip from an importers in montreal for 2K

Came with HKS BB turbo
Catch Can
Twin Plate Clutch
Steering Wheel
BMC brace
Skid Plate
180 brakes
Interesting Sidemount Piping

i seen tiger japanese sell turbo FC 13B motors for $900 i may grab one of those if the car doesnt sell , or that 5.0 that i was telling you about.

and then do this !

and yea you would be entertained when my dad and his homies are in the shop havin a few. even his customers that come in with thier trucks are hilarious .

spent over 7k on a KAT. lol…exciting :frowning:

$100

$2000 S14 Blacktop SR20.