How much do you think Hyundai paid MotorTrend to "write" this article?

This is probably the most sales pitch laden “article” I’ve ever read about a car by a magazine, it literally reads like an advertisement than an honest “road test” article. The sad part is it is so freaking obvious, they didn’t even attempted to sound objective. :lol I bet you $10 bucks this entire article will be in Hyundai’s brochure.

link: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0905_2010_hyundai_genesis_coupe_3_8_track_test/index.html

Thats why i HATE Motor Trend. They are a bunch of idiots, and cant drive to save their lives. They hate Ford, and tryed to say a 03 Cobra was a mid 13 second car when it cam out…Fuckin idiots

/rant

I’ll give them a little more credit than that. I enjoy reading the articles they have.

Plus the car seems to be solid.

Seems to be the standard motortrend add/article.

Agreed. Hyundai really stepped up with this car.

STCPaper SOAP is an ideal product for active, portable individuals. The size of paper soap is smaller than a normal bankcard, so it is convenient to carry in a pocket or purse. One time use means no messy bar of soap to carry around. Pull out one piece of paper SOAP from packet with dry hands. Place it in palm of hands and add water. Make lather and wash. Suitable for hand, face, body etc . It makes skin clean and kill bacteria.Paper SOAP dissolves into water completely, making abundant lathers. Coming with various fragrances and colors, the paper Soap makes your skin softened by its original moisture. It is a natural and pure product made from squalene and aloe vera . The sterilizing power of paper SOAP protects the skin and reduces the risk of spreading bacteria carried by the common soap. The paper SOAP may also be used as Brushless Shaving Cream.Paper SOAP is ideal for your personal use and a perfect gift for your special someone. Being convenient to use right away wherever . Outstanding promotion effect - Also suitable for a promotion item of Hotels, Hospitals, Airlines, Restaurants etc .

I actually like all these stupid bots, It allows me to give rep to someone else other than the normal.

I wonder how it sound with an exhaust?V8=Badass,But hyundi V8?

That car is complete badass especially for the price. It’s embarressing for GM and other American companies to get 0wn3d by these Korean car companies.

But, MotorTrend and any other media source is bought by these companies like the other companies.

One thing. I just wanted to be clear that I created the thread not because I want to trash the car, but rather a comment on how the article by MT sounded like to me like an advertisement.

I personally don’t hold grudges on any maker and any model, after all I do drive a cobalt.

Well that brings up a good point.

The way that the industry is setup in this county is the primary reason that we can’t have a successful US version of Top Gear, everything is biased and bought.

On that note, who do you think is more corrupt, MT or CaD?

17mpg? Thought it would at least get 20.

That car is kinda cool though, I can’t wait to test beat one. lol

20MPG on a car that makes MID 2XX to high end 3XX HP? 17 city and MID 2X is very impressive.

I don’t think it is, but to each their own.

I guess im just used to my little econobox’s 26 city 34 highway mileage, hah.

It doesn’t make as much power and it’s much bigger.

It makes essentially the same power

Its much lighter than the Hyundai though…

apparently hyundai,mitsu,chrysler developed a world engine for the genesis coupe and several other cars (evo x,ralliart,caliber,compass etc.)
so the 4b11t from the evo x is nearly identical(block,crank,rods) to the 2.0t thats in the genesis coupe but the head is developed independently (valve timing, manifold, etc.)

i think hyundai is off to a good start since parts will be very compatible between several cars. especially for mitsu since thier putting the 4b11 in half of their lineup of cars:rofl

how do you figure GM is getting owned by this?

The 2010 base model V6 camaro is in this Cars class with a 3.5L V6 with 300hp for a sticker of $22k.

rightttt

LSx cars are getting high 20’s/low 30’s on the highway with over 300rwhp. Not 300 crank/

thats not that impressive.

V8’s that make over 300rwhp stock are getting better then that on old push rod, single over head cam technology.