How much do you think Hyundai paid MotorTrend to "write" this article?

Hmmm.

The car costs $30,000 and it only runs a low 14" quarter mile.

What’s this world coming to?

I know that my Stage 2 Balt ain’t no M3, but I can turn a low 14" quarter and my car only cost 20k (WITH Stage 2 installed).

I also get better gas mileage too …

AND WHAT’S WRONG WITH DRIVING A COBALT!

lolol

Do you live on an island? (Actually, I do). 2010? GM Needs to worry 2009. GM is crumbling while Korean car manufacturers are not. Want more proof? Take a look at GM’s balance sheet.

What car is that?

wild guess here but im thinking…

an SS camaro? i could be way off.

So I thought. I wonder if he realizes those MPG ratings are using the wrong EPA standards.

o really? I dont think so because my car gets 29mpg’s on the highway with bolt on’s.

My friends cammed C6 was getting 32.5mpg’s on the way up to lake george one day. How do I know? Because the digital over head mpg gauge told us so…and thats with 440rwhp under your right foot.

You have more stories than the bible.

Digital over head MPG gauge? Laugh. Yea, I got one too. It says I get 28 on the highway but somehow ALL of the gas pumps are f0ked because they indicate I only get 18 highway. :lol

yeah in 6th the GTO gets like 32 at 65mph with the cruise on… but touch the pedal at all and it goes to like 7 or 8mpg. thats what the REAL TIME MPG thing says on the center display. do i beleive it, nope. 10 gallons got me like 160miles… more realistic i think. 16mpg.

yup…and thats a 6.0.

its good until you touch the pedal. with the cruise on at 75 which is the average speed in a 65 zone. i was seeing “24.5” on the display. which isnt TERRIBLE by anymeans. but any movement of the pedal, or a grade change and it dipped right down. around town my “average” mpg was like 13.2.

Nice edit but I am too fast for you both on this forum and in a car. :wink:

So, what can’t I grasp? Are you really unable to grasp the concept that a meter might not be accurate? The fact is that EPA ratings changed for a reason. The 4XXRWHP isn’t averaging 32.5MPG on the highway even with Jesus driving it.

weird. I get over 200 miles to a full tank of gas on the highway.

i went to quote what he said. and it changed right when i clicked it

real world mileage varies from these stupid EPA tests. will the GTO get 32mpg in the real world… maybe if you coast and do 55 and are on a flat highway or a downhill run. but mid 20s is realistic on the highway. my 1.8 GTI gets 32ish on the highway. and thats a stretch

tank in the GTO is 18 gallons FYI. just saying from 10 gallons i got ~160miles

Given you have a 16.8 gallon tank, that REALLY sucks. Are you bad at math?

found this…

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/noframes/16502.shtml

Correct. We are speaking in terms of average too not with a random digital meter (provided by the car’s manufacturer said)

Learn to lead him with sarcasm and THEN attack young grasshoppa. :slight_smile:

Yep. The VERY inaccurate EPA ratings.

gas mileage doesnt scare me. i burned alot in the GTO that last day it was nice and it was fun. id rather enjoy driving and pay more in gas, then drive a boring care… my GTI gets good mpg on the highway, but this year with 830cc injectors, at WOT with alot of boost its gonna be a gas guzzler, and i dotn care one bit!