How much do you think Hyundai paid MotorTrend to "write" this article?

im not trying to jump down anyones throat today, but gas mileage is a joke, unless youre doing a long haul and are constantly highway driving it, it doesnt matter. i can say driving across the country in a moving truck (25,500lb total weight) + a car trailer, we successfully achieved 6.2mpg! not bad except diesel was 4.80/gal at the time :shifty

Washington to Orlando florida

I understand. I just like to correct SSmoooookin’s influx of incorrect statements.

Those estimated MPG gauges are NOT completely accurate. Mine usually reads 2MPG or so higher than what I really get.

My car only takes 13.xx gallons when its on E to bury the needle past full. I filled it up today and it was 12.8 gallons on the dot…

these guys are claiming to get high 12-low 13 gallons to a full tank also…

so averaging over 200 miles on a full 13.xx gallon tank isnt o so bad.

Edit: Some people are saying they have 15.5 gallon tanks, 16.8 gallons tanks and 13 gallon tanks. Not sure what the deal is but my Red V6 only held 13.xx gallons from E to full also.

15.38MPG is not anywhere close to 3XMPG. :lol:

im going on a road trip tomorrow. I will actually keep track of it this time and find out what its actually getting.

all 4th gen fbodys are 15 gal tanks ,just cause it says empty it aint they give ya a little leeway not much but it is there;)

That 3XMPG quote by SSmooooooooooooookin is looking worse and worse. Perhaps the lawys of physics and math do not exist in a FBody? :lol:

Not to get off topic with the bashing of the Fbody, but back to the original topic of the Genesis… the more I look at pictures, the less I like how it looks. It reminds me of a restyled Tiburon, and something about the body lines just don’t seem right to me.

im not sure where I got my previous stats from, because I was way wrong.

I got 169.6 (to be exact) miles to half a tank today cruising in 6th at 78mph…and I also did 2 WOT runs during the mix.