How much FWHP should the boosted SHO be set at ?

ok, so alex got the $$$$ tranny from FPS, and it can handle a good amount of power … somewhere beyond 450 to the wheels…

alex is aiming for a mere 300-325 to the wheels on his car, i keep telling him to join the 430 club …

so lets say you owned a 3.2l dohc car, pt67 turbo, 38mm wastegate, 40mm BOV, and engine that can handle 430+ (to the wheels) on a stock block, and a tranny that can handle 450+ (to the wheels)…

what hp level would you shoot for ?

and oh yea, cant forget the fact that he already has a spare engine if this one dies :slight_smile:

the only “weak” spot on the engine is going to be the pistons, everything else is forged.
plenty of boosted SHOs around 350+ fwhp - but they’re all 5-speeds.
alex is fairly unique in the fact that he’s running an auto, so he doesn’t have to worry about the 3rd gear shear or putting a diff pin through the transaxle case.
if he’s launching the car hard, the halfshafts will probably shit the bed first.
the mounts reinforced? torque damper dogbones are probably gone, right?
He could probably go about 400 fwhp with little problems - but with this much $$$ and time invested he probably just wants to drive it.

375 fwhp and leave the “safety” factor. :tup:

Theres 2 Turbo ATX’s pushing 400 to the wheels on non-FPS trannies and they have yet to blow up. I say shoot for 450. But I’m not the man putting the money into the project. With the setup he has (And similar to the one I want, except I was thinking 35R) I was looking for 450. The only thing in the back of my mind was the fact that I didn’t want to buy the FPS tranny, whereas he went ahead and did it.

those cars are timebombs, I don’t care what anybody says - the SHO’s AX4N can barely withstand the stock numbers.
playing devil’s advocate to myself, you can blow up the first motor to see where the “safety factor” really is - if you don’t mind putting in the spare 3.2L.

350-375…but i was thinking how bout u get a baseline number before u start making HP claims

Giver her hell!

I would say 400 max and not more. 300 is too low imo.
Give Alex some time, eventually he will want more power.

I agree with True Blue, at 375 for safety. 375 is fun with little to no worries.

The trannies aren’t stock by any means, but they aren’t the FPS trannys that claim to be indestructible. I agree they may have problems, but as with any SHO you know its a timebomb regardless if its stock or boosted. :stuck_out_tongue: I would agree with the blowing up the first motor, but once again I’m on the outside looking in.

On a side note, we need to have a get together before the season ends. Lets try to work something out. I only know the people on this board, but being the head honcho you are at TCCA maybe you could get a bigger turnout :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t go any more than 350. That turbo is gunna make a boat load of TQ ~4500-5000 RPMs (closer to 400ft/lbs). You have so much $$ into that trany I wouldn’t risk it by putting down m uch more than 350 WHP. It’ll be pretty darn quick set at that #.

i need to get this software where i can dial in and set my HP numbers

www.sctuner.com

:bloated: i don’t even know where to begin to correct the stupidity in this post

lol word. another stupid thread x100