i can't wait to hit the dyno

it seems that everyone in teh sho community is pulling their cars out of storage and making some big numbers. and damnit i want to dyno mine!

is anyone else eager to get some numbers on their car?

http://www.shoclub.com/membersonly/joshturbosho.htm

Went to the dyno today. After tightening my belt, I hit 465 HP at 7500-8000 RPM and 350 lb ft of torque at 6600 RPM at the wheels. Gone are the days of sub-300 torque figures :wink:

That’s 567 HP/427 lb ft at the crank, boys and girls. Not bad for a 3.0L with stock block, pistons and heads. This is essentially the ultimate ‘bolt-on’ car.
here is a fellow atx car built by the company i got my tranny from.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/shoguy89/Blower%20Car%20Pix/renzshograph.jpg

BTW,this ended up being a little over 12psi.

Not quite. 3.3L low compression motor with Stage I cams. The hiccup is the torque converter unlocking. When I did Jason’s, I had a push button switch to pull in the converter and hold it in. Didn’t do the same thing with this one. Just rolled the drums and poured on the coals. After 4000rpm the converter unlocks with the throttle past about 2/3’s.

Glad to hear our tranny is working well for you. When you do them right they are really strong.

The first time we took Jason’s tranny back apart (shredded converter), he had about 20K on our build. The funny thing is that there wasn’t a burnt clutch in it.[/quote]

the above ATX is non intercooled.

:headbang: boosted FWD V6’s

:tup: Hopefully I’ll get to see it before I head out in a few weeks. Mine leaves tomorrow, so it will be a sad day indeed…

nice :tup:

i wish i could hit a dyno but nobody has one :frowning:

Do what I do. Go to Toronto. I know plenty of AWD dynos. And it’s always a fun trip.

Call Marco at Magnus and tell him I told you to call he will get you squared away. If he can make 1400 hp 4G63s i’m sure he can take care of you too :slight_smile:

lol. the sho is hardly the ultimate bolt on car.

skyline FTW

I just realized…you gotta reeeeally love those cars to wanna work on them. Theres no room for to manuver around it. I had to work on a '99 3.*DOHC V6 and it was a bitch to work on.

I may dyno my car this year…

must be a hand full to keep in a straight line off a start…good numbers

the gen 1/2 sho’s are super easy to work on the tec V6 is a pitta and so is the 3rd gen SHO.

lol. the sho is hardly the ultimate bolt on car.

skyline FTW

That’s 567 HP/427 lb ft at the crank, boys and girls.

really? i didn’t know you could buy a skyline for a couple of grand put 4-5 K in it and have that much power? all of his mods can be installed in 1 day without lifting the car off the ground.

i’m unfamiliar with skyline mods. are they that strong and cheap?

i’m really hoping for 350whp and at least 300tq but I am one of the very few to boost a engine with well over 200K on it so who knows how much power it will make.

thoughts are some good numbers, I only put down like 340 at inovative, And 360 at the shops dyno in rochester, last year. Current is probally hi 300

Whats the drop for+:???

OH Nvm saw your above post.

good stuff…can’t wait to hit the dyno myself :slight_smile:

You want 350rwhp with bolt ons? buy a LS1…

but I also want over 30mpg, a smoth ride, cheap parts,
and a ton or room to upgrade. that is only my goal for right now. once I get a bigger intercooler I can bump it for 400-450 and i probably won’t go any higher for fear of my tranny.

Justin… V6>LS*…

…ok Im lying.

So again, you want an LS1. All of those are easily attainable, come in a RWD platform (FWD :bloated:) and have the engine mounted the correct way in the car. Hell, some of them even come with a transaxle!

:headbang:

SHO the ultimate bolt on car? Hardly. I can think of 4 better ones off the top of my head.

Skyline (just clubbed a baby seal, no worries)
Supra
Anything LS1 based
Any BMW inline 6 from 1989 - 2002

T56 :smiley:

SHO = “you know how I know you’re gay?”

this thread makes me laugh