how much interest in NYSpeed track days?

IM in My car should be done by then. This will be a first for me, cant wait!

[quote=“Viper966,post:58,topic:38394"”]

welll whoo rah … i did not know this hence me not showing up… and being the only casuality last time… i really want to do toronto motorsports park again though

[/quote]

TMP is awesome, problem is if you lose it on turn 11b youre not losing a mirror, youre going into a wall

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:57,topic:38394"”]

And running it counter clockwise < clockwise :wink:

[/quote]

Fixed

^^^ yup… counter clockwise is alright but its better the way god intended it

[quote=“McMoo,post:47,topic:38394"”]

Probably in for some. Just have to not shift from 3rd to 2nd at 90 mph again.

[/quote]

I remember that… must have sucked real bad. did everythink work out with the repairs?

I also cant wait for next season. I went Aug 3rd and had a blast!

Depending on people’s willingness to pre-order track time i think that Josh will be able to make TMP happen at least once this year.

I’ve never personally driven it but pretty much no one prefers it over dunnville up here.

[quote=“Jackie Chiles,post:52,topic:38394"”]

You, RX3 and that whiny little biotch Willybean are all on my “2008 very close pass” list. I may have to use my Taurus for this.

[/quote]

:hay:

X…

Agreed no chicane. This isn’t an autoX.

I enjoyed clockwise and counterclockwise.

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:69,topic:38394"”]

Agreed no chicane. This isn’t an autoX.

I enjoyed clockwise and counterclockwise.

[/quote]

I’m kinda torn, the higher speed was fun, but rush of barely making it through the chicane with your foot to the floor was cool too. :gotme:

I guess when I gotta buy a mirror I’ll change my mind. :lol:

X…

[quote=“Bliss@5200,post:65,topic:38394"”]

I remember that… must have sucked real bad. did everythink work out with the repairs?

[/quote]

Ya, it’s fixed. Took a little longer than expected, about 2 months due to a bunch of delays from wrong parts being sent, but have had it back for 2 months and feels as good as it did before. It sucked because I felt a lot more comfortable with the car for the 20 min I was out there, I would say due mostly to the brake pads, and also better tires.

I don’t like the chicane, but for the size of the track the speeds get too high and dangerous going clockwise after the long straight if you don’t brake correctly (or have brake problems). we’ve had a couple people I can think of head off track at 60mph. I’d like to see a bus stop along there which is what the cone is meant to simulate.

OH cmon people the Chicane was awesome!!!

Says the crease in my helmet from the S2000 mirror?

The chicane is a nice challenge, but having no chicane seems to be a lot of fun for most people, and the bigger HP cars have a chance to stretch their legs.

Here was my problem with the chicane. It needed to be a real chicane/bus stop or nothing at all. The way it was was easy enough to snake through at WOT in most cars or just off it in something really fast. It either needs to be setup so you cant take it at more than 50mph (opposed to almost 90mph in the S2k) or nothing at all.

I didnt see it as a challenge the way it was set, just a nuisance/dangerous obstruction.

[quote=“MPD47,post:76,topic:38394"”]

Here was my problem with the chicane. It needed to be a real chicane/bus stop or nothing at all.

[/quote]

This is true. The cone thing was problematic because all the Mario Andrettis would plow the cones over and then we’d have to have an extra person watching/resetting cones or even periodically stop a session to replace the cones. In it’s original configuration it was designed to slow cars down on the straight, so taking it quickly would be near impossible. I’m not sure the track would shell out to redisgn the chicane to be taken at higher speeds because someone is bound to get it wrong (hell, they hit the cones with the original going slow, faster might be worse), and I’m not sure of the cost to reconfigure the track to handle a chicane solution.

It could easily be set like a large chicago box with cones if we wanted one (without reprofiling the track)., but no one does.

Yeah, majority hate the chicane. To hell with that box idea, I ain’t shaggin’ cones.

The chicane was ok, my only problem with it was in my car I either needed to short shift to 4th or hold out 3rd until going through the chicane. I was WOT through it, so it didn’t slow me down at all, and since that is the purpose of it, I think it failed. Shagging cones would be annoying and dangerous, so I would say just get rid of it all together.