How to bleed brakes????

me and my buddy did all his pads on his 04 grand prix. we found out the hard way that the caliper will just pop out if it doesnt have anything to stop it and will fall out on the ground. well after that happening, we get the car all done and there is like no pedal pressure. its gotta be air cuz it feels like it gonna stop fine then it fades out and goes tot he floor. so how do I go about bleeding the brakes?? can I just bleed the line going to the wheel that we had problems with??? can I just loosen the bleed valve and pump the brake til it I get a steady stream of fluid and then tighten??

any info is greatly appreciated

No.

Barring no damage from the piston coming out…

First Person A pumps the brake several times to build pressuer, NEVER PUSHING PEDAL TO FLOOR (this may over travel the master cylinder).

Person A sits in car and pumps 3 times and hold and says “holding”.

Person B opens bleeder slightly and closes (you will see fluid come out fast, slow, shut valve before fluid stops).

Person A waits for Person B to say “closed” then pumps 3 times.

Repeat.

There are a couple different ways to do it and work out a rythm between the person you are workig with.

Before doing that you can just remove the bleeder completely and wait for the caliper to gravity bleed.

how long for the gravity bleed? approx???

I dunno, never timed. Usually seems pretty slow. Like 10-15 minutes slow. Just keep an eye on the master cylinder and keep it top offed.

mighty-vac’s make brake bleeding pretty painless. You may want to invest in one.

Speed Bleeder FTW…open the valve and pump

yeah i have a little hose that attaches to the bleeder, just pop the hose on the bleeder and let it sit in a cup of brake fluid. then just pump away for a while making sure to top off. i usually run a whole bunch through just to be sure.