Brake Bleeding Issues.

Ok, first off, I suck at bleeding brakes, I’ve never really done it before so don’t bitch me out too bad. I put the new caliper on, hooked everything up right. try to bleed the brakes and nothing. pump it up, open valve, nothing. keep doin it for a few min…still nothing. what am I doin wrong?

I got somebody pumping the brakes for me, but when I open the valve, I get no results.

is the master cylinder cap on and is there enough fluid in the cylinder

pump till brake pedal gets hard, hold pedal down, open bleeder, let air/fluid escape, close bleader, let go of pedal repeat two more times

pump twice and hold, open bleader close bleader, put dust cap back on you shoudl be set

^ thats pretty much all there is to it. Don’t forget to close the bleeder while the person’s foot is pushing the brake pedal to the floor. Once the bleeder is closed, then they can let up.

Yeah I know, I just disconnected the line from the caliper and pumped the brake and no fluid came out…bad master cylynder maby?

make sure the bleeder is at the top—i’ve seen people put left calipers on the right and vise versa many times which then the bleeder is at the bottom of the caliper. also it helps to let it gravity bleed first. take cap off master, open bleeder and let it ozse(sp?) out then try to bleed it

It’s definatly the correct caliper, it only fits on one way. Ill give the gravity thing a try. Would it matter if the cap is on the master cylinder when I try to bleed em?

Edit, I tried it with the lid off the master cylinder, thinking maby there is too much back pressure or something…nothing came out though.

Same problem I had.

We topped it off and let it sit for a while, gravity did it.

And next time, I will have speed bleeders present. Ugh.

stupis idea did u put fluid in it. if its not coming out dude the master cylinders prolly shot.

yeah its full of fluid. what gets me is I was driving it earlier with just the 3 brakes workin, i took the pads off cuz the caliper was froze to shit so it aint goin anywhere. So i took the pads off and drove it to town so I could do an EMS standby. other brakes work fine.

bumpage, need help!

:eek:

First take off the brake line right before the caliper and see if you can gravity bleed it that far. If nothing is coming out you deffinately have problems further upstream.

If you are getting fluid there then reconnect the line and try to gravity bleed the caliper by totally removing the bleeder.

Do not use the brake pedal for either of these, you run the risk of over extending the master cylinder.

When you pump the brake with the system fully together do you get bubbles in the master cylinder?

if no fluid comes to lines, trace back to distribution block and tak inlet line off of that, if nothing comes out still its yoru master cylinder

yeah I tried to get the line off the distribution block and ofcorse…its the only fucking wrench size I DONT have lmfao. grrr. My sister’s bf is coming over to help me out. He builds racecars and shit so maby he can help.

Ok well after some troubleshooting we decided that its most likly a bad proportionaing valve, but the only way to know for sure is to take it all appart and i dont have the right tools for that. Anybody that knows how to fix that shit wanna come over this week and help me there is pizza and :beer: invalved after.

yeah, sounded like a bad prop valve or blocked line

haha, gotta love standard AND metric brakes aw right aw right

i had this problem before. if its really rusty, then the little nipple thing that ur unscrewing might be blocked. take it all the way off and pump the brakes to see if anythings coming out, i actually had to take a small drill bit and drill and clear out it out cause it was so gunked up. give it a shot.

*might wanna get new bleeder screws

the bleeder screw on the caliper is brand new.

take the line off of the propotioning valve and blow air through it. use a compressor if u got one, but if not u’ll have to use ur lungs and get brake fluid on ur mouf.