I need the OG of brake work

Working on my buddys accord now for a while. We did a full 5 lug swap with poly bushings… more importantly odyssey front calipers/ prelude vtec rotors front and ITR rear rotors on stock calipers. The calipers are new, the lines are stainless and new, the master cylinder is new for the second time (exchanged).

I cannot get this car to bleed or have brakes. I just changed the master cyl. and it got worse… I shadetree bleed the abs module and it got better for a bit, but then worsend back up. I seriously have no idea.

If anyone knows anyone who is god of all brake systems, I’d be so appriciative. I’m debating going to honda since who knows what good techs work where. There is a special tool that works the abs… if that is even the problem. Eitherway, I need to get this fixed! Thanks yins.

bypass!

try bleeding it with the car running

bypass what, the abs? that is the extremely last thing I do.

I bled all the brakes with the car running and bled the MC running as well. some of the MC bleeding made it worse

4 wheels dics correct? jack up remove all 4 wheels ,push in all caliper pistons at the same time! crack all bleeders ,keep mc full let all the air escape;close bleeders pump up brakes

yes, 4 wheel disc.

how do i push all four calipers in at the same time… everything is new, so they are all the way in anyway. so then gravity bleed it?

they didnt move any while u where bleeding it?so then gravity bleed it!

did you bench bleed the MC when you put it in?

Well, you cant really see them moving… there is no distance between the caliper pistons and the pads… it does flex the caliper though. i’m going to try gravity bleeding it tonight.

I bench bled the MC 3 times now, and maybe 4 times installed at the lines (crack the hardline, push the pedal to the floor and hold, then tighten line back up)

Did you bleed them in the proper sequence? Honda specs a diagonal split in the system via the ABS modulator. For example…my Integra is LR, RF, RR, LF if you do it out of sequence it will just reroute the air inside.

See, I never saw anything in the factory service manual about that, but ran accross someone saying that once. Are you sure that is the correct sequence? I can try doing that, but can’t believe that would be the problem.

The sequence is different for each model, sometime even specific to year. The 94-97 INtegra is different than the 98+, so I’d imagine that the Accord is different as well.

Call a Honda dealer and ask them the sequence for your exact year and model. After thinking about this all day, it has to be your problem.

Man, i sure hope so! I’ve been bleeding the normal ‘furthest away to closest’, so that is RR, LF, RF, LF

bleed the LR!

:rofl:

I might put in an order for a replacement abs modulator. Seeing as this car had crappy brakes before all this, maybe its something that was alreayd in the car…

after u bled the brakes,go in WET grass or GRAVEL & lock the brakes up!!(poor mans way to bleed ABS unit)

oohhh i’ve done that before… it did help and without the OEM alb checker, thats the only option.