how to create playlist on PC from iPod?

thought i’d finally sit down with my recently acquired 60GB iPod and burn a cd.

yeah, real simple. 1hr later, i’m searching on Google and realize that it’s ridiculously hard to do. what does everyone here do if they want to burn music from their iPod?

you own an IPOD ?

antisocial faggor !

you can look at the music on the ipod by viewing hidden files… but they are labeled

01 02 03 04 05 06 …

and the music files contained in there range from 1o21vbd1p to o4bu1ub
i really don’t know if there is an Application for this… or if there is an naming scheme/ order for this…

i guess if you know what was put on your ipod first you could start with that saying

britney spears cd track numbers 1-10 were put on the ipod first so one would assume that the folder 01 (there may be an 00, i’m at work and don’t have my ipod near me) arrange the files by date and go from there…

again if i had my ipod i would gladly find a solution… but . it looks like if that works you are gonna have to rename the files your self… or if its just an audio cd who gives a fuck its 15 songs just remember whats on there

Try out a program called “Anapod Explorer” You can obtain a trial copy for free. With that you can move files back on to your machine from the Ipod, then use whatever buring software you wish to complete the task.

It is just a trial version so I think you can only do 5 songs at a time. You can get as many songs off it as you want,but it just makes it a pain in the ass so you’ll pay for the real version. Good for 30 days before it shits itself I think.

Uhh, doesn’t iTunes do that?

word… make a new playlist in itunes. burn it. the end.

if you have tracks on your ipod, and go to someone elses computer they are all locked… you can’t do anything with them through Itunes, even different accounts on the same computer are like that…

i think thats what he is talking about

jam, if it were that simple, i would have done it - you’d think it would be that easy, i know… let me explain.

the issue i’m having is that this is an iPod that i bought from a board member. i have my own library in iTunes, but this iPod has its own library. in order to burn a cd from the iPod, i need to create a playlist in MY library from these songs. iTunes won’t let me burn straight from the iPod.

also, it won’t let me simply cull these files from the iPod’s library and import them to my library - which is the ONLY way it will let you burn anything.

yeah, it totally won’t let me import the files from the iPod to my iTunes library. however, i can upload songs from my iTunes library, on my computer - to this iPod. it’s married to the old computer FTL

Anapod Explorer will solve all your problems. Itunes is a piece of crap.

:word:

Or.

Winamp has a plug to transfer iPod->PC. Then burn.

Or ephpod.

Both free.

EDIT_
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888
http://www.ephpod.com/

IPOD RIP works well for me…

*thanks everyone, i knew nyspeed could help me out :slight_smile: :tup: