iPod : How do I copy songs from an iPod to a new computer

Ok, so user has iPod. iPod has songs.

User does not want to lose songs, doesn’t know who/how he put songs on, but they are there.

User has laptop, wants iTunes on his laptop, also wants to hook up this iPod onto that laptop. However, wants to copy songs currently on computer onto iTunes.

How do I make it so it doesn’t erase the songs currently on the iPod.

There is some crazy non ipod softare that does it. the name escapes me but all the more reason to not get an ipod.

Install Itunes on new computer, transfer playlists to new computer. Click and drag works.

The yamipod software can do this. Also allows you to take songs from one Pod and place it onto a computer that already has iTunes and another Pod assigned.

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Freeware too.

NICE ^

Anapod Explorer, and Winamp can handle it as well.

Does anyone have any way of doing this without needing a username and password to iTunes?

This here is exactly why I FUCKING HATE ITUNES and IPODS

I have a 4th gen iPod that I need to get songs/ a playlist off of to a 1gb shuffle.

FUCK THIS APPLE SHIT

You could try winamp.

username and password for itunes??

i think ur making things more complicated then they actually are

the user name and password is probably cause the music file is DRM’d

Won’t work

I can copy, but it won’t let me stick any of this music copied onto my computer (most purchased from itunes - which was originally on the 4th gen ipod) to the shuffle.

i believe the term is called “ripping” :stuck_out_tongue:
once you find a program that lets you rip the files you can take your ipod everyoneyouknow’s computer and take all of their songs and put them all on your comp too

maybe this will work i dont know i didn’t read too much into it
http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip

The problem is another user will have to update the ipod on her machine and yadda yadda yadda blha blha blaha
afaskljdhaklsjdfhakjfafglkasgjfks

FCKJASFIGUILASDGHas

Another reason I’ll buy bs music from iTunes… if I pay for it I want it to go wherever I go without a hassle. Drop & drag Apple, drop and mfing drag.

sounds like a blog post in the making.

You have no idea.

I know an easy way to do it. If you “show hidden files”, you can see all of the songs on the iPod. The problem here is that they all have messed up names, its their form of “encrypting” the files so that people dont do this. Drag all of these songs onto your new computer. Then, install iTunes on that computer, and drag all of those “encrypted” songs into your playlist. From there, iTunes will rename all of the files, and you’ll have your music back, good as new!

–mark

a program called ephpod or efpod will let you do it. i have never had to sign in to anything. i might have spelled the name wrong but the program lets you rip everything from ipod to pc or mac without any general issues as i have the newest 80 gig ipod and have no issues. although i heard on the older one after it transfers it might erase all the songs off so becareful on that note.

Get the tunes off with a PC
On the PC side we picked like the full-featured (and free) ephPod. ephPod can download news, get Outlook contacts, edit your calendar, add songs and few dozen other useful things but for us, the best feature is a simple file export to get your songs off your iPod. The PC does not need to be the authorized machine for your iPod.

Just use the ipod as a data drive. There should be an option to click in the preferences section in ITunes while your IPod is plugged in. Just drag and drop to the IPod and then to the new computer. Should work fine.