how to cure.....?

the aches and pains of a cold.

I havent gotten sick in like 3-5 years and i caught a good one on monday.

every bone, joint and ligament in my body is sore.

should i take aspirin, ibuprofen, bayer? or this there some other cure-all for cold-related aches and pains?

Pump some NyQuil into yourself and lay in bed for a solid 12 hours straight. That helps me immensely when I’m sick. Eat soup and drink a lot of liquids.

bayer and aspirin are the same thing. But you’re on the right track. You’ve got three or four over the counter choices:

Ibuprofen (advil, etc) - pain and inflammation reliever
Aspirin (bayer, etc) - pain and inflammation reliever, might be a bit harsher on your stomach than ibuprofen. It’s also an anti-coagulant so don’t take it if you have a clotting issue.
Acetominophen (tylenol, etc) - pain reliever only, gentle on your stomach, don’t take more than 4,000 mg per day or with ANY alcohol unless you want to kiss your liver goodbye.
Naproxen Sodium (Aleve, etc) - Similar to ibuprofen, lasts longer, might be harsher on your stomach. Was in the news recently for some sketchy heart problems or something.

I take Ibuprofen most of the time.

2 cups of epsom salts in a hot bath. Sit in there and soak til the water starts to get cold. Always makes me feel better

-did that last night(literally slept from 7pm-745am) and nothing. my cold isnt quite as bad, but my aches are still there.

copperlegend" 2 cups of epsom salts in a hot bath. Sit in there and soak til the water starts to get cold. Always makes me feel better "

-i would love to, i tried to take a hot bath last night and my shitty piece of shit hot water heater crapped out after half a tub of water. im thinking about filling it halfway and waiting a half an hour and then filling it the rest of the way to see if that works.

thanks fry, just gonna ibuprofen the rest of the night.

OJ

drank 2 things of tropicana in the past two days and that is normally my two week ingestion of OJ

Robitussin. Let it seep into the bones.

When that’s out fill the empty bottle with water and shake it, mo’tussin.

wow… I get up and move around… and drink lots of liquids… but then again I haven’t been sick in such a long time … probably cause i eat my boogers and am constantly boosting my immune system

Pedialyte FTW. That is one of the main reasons none of the Bills players ever get sick during the season. They drink it like water and it’s loaded with electrolytes.

lol