How to explain to the wife...

Well, it’s summer; of course. Put the rims back on the wifes Neon. (ya ya I know a neon boohoo) She had a boosted s-10 and smashed it so too bad.

Well with the 17’s the 4x4 status is beyond acceptable. The topic of springs has arisen multiple times now. So, I get this e-mail showing me a link to an ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/00-01-02-03-04-05-Dodge-Neon-Coilover-Lowering-Springs_W0QQitemZ110334492720QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110334492720&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

She says “LOOK!!! They are SOOOO cheap”

After attempting to explain to her that they are absolute garbage. She still has her heart set on them due to the price.

She tells me why spend 250 on Teins when I can get the same look for 50?

Now I have tried everything. Just looking for some interesting ways to explain/show her.

Apparently blowing struts every month along with control arm bushings and sway bar bushings does not phase her. LoL. She is a tough one.

And when I say wheel gap…I mean fucking wheel gap. Like 6-7 inches in the back.

I’m working on pictures still.

gotta keep the pimp hand strong.

^^
Best advice…ever!

Just, not for this situation.

lol.
i try

explain it to her in…i dunno, female terms. Compare them to fake and real handbags if shes being that stubborn. Sure the bags look the same, but they sure as hell arent the same quality.

fucking women i tell ya, stubborn as fucking mules.

get some bump stops for the shocks they should be just fine… after all its only a neon!
i sure as hell wouldnt pay 250 for springs for a neon… shit i wouldnt even pay 250 for the actual car!!

When I know they are going to have a hard time understanding the logical point of view I go the sympathetic/pathetic route.

“Honestly, I really wouldn’t want you driving on those springs. They are made of a much cheaper material then the real deal springs/coilovers. Just imagine you’re driving on the highway and one of the springs crack and break. You spin out and crash and next thing you know you’re handicapped for the rest of your life, all because you wanted to make your car look better for cheap. How would I be able to live with myself, thinking that I actually let you buy them.”

Something like that lol :smiley:

tell her its like buying a crystal and calling it a diamond.
then ask her which she wants.

i have a friend with an accord on ebay coil over springs… hes SLAMMED to the ground for about 3 years now! and has never had a problem… they only thing thats ever broke because of the springs is his lip kit from pulling into his driveway!.. of course the usual wear and tear are to be expected when lowering your car, camber wear, ball joints, etc… but not to the extent that it justifies throwing hundreds of dollars on a car thats only worth cents! just my opinion but whatever!

Now there is some solid advice! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.

But no, She’s not your typical girl. By that I mean, She’s no by any means a girly girl. She knows enough about cars to get by. What choice does she have dating a tech, who’s father is also a tech. Most of my friends as well. She learned. I’ll have a solid talk with her tonight about it. Texting and e-mails don’t cut this seriousness of this dealio.

About the Neon. Wellll yea, it’s a Neon. 3-speed at that. It’s cack. Total shit. yet, she loves it. It gets her to where she has to go and back, and then some. All in all the car looks better than any other neon on the road. Due to new “JDM Black Ebay” headlights, SX 2.0 Spoiler, re-painted trunk and rear bumper cover. It looks real good with the rims too! Just needs a couple inches shaven off.

BTW, she part time drifts her car in the winter :wink: She’s an e-brake fwd ftmfw.

She’s a trooper.

who you trying to fool

No one:confused:

ask her if her life is worth $150. Those springs aren’t exactly known for quality. a spring letting go when you’re on the 401 could easily end in a crash that could cost a life.

Is that really worth saving $150? Not in my books.

I’m playing that card for sure tonight.

Quality over price = win

Price over quality = epic car crash = fail

Chris, tell her to sell the neon and buy a 240.

Problem solved.

Mark, man…I have tried. So hard. Even opted to buy her one.

She says; ( and I quote) “When I get out of school hun, I want an S14 Zenki with a blacktop SR”

I looked at her in shock. All I said was NO SR!

She got the taste of boost from her 2.2 S-10 I did for her. She wants boost again :smiley:

My dear loving Wife, honey I love you and to me your safety is my number one concern, I would die if something was to happen to you, I love you too much baby and just the very thought of something happening to you drives me crazy.

This is why I wouldn’t want you compomise with cheap parts and jeapardize your safety and the safety of those around you. I would much rather you buy the ones I pick, it would help me sleep better at night, please hun, come on, I will do that thing you liiiiiiiiike!

And plus this is what happens to people who put cheap coilovers on their Dodge Neon:

http://www.car-accidents.com/2007-crash-pics/5-22-07-fatal-crash-2.gif

They break causing the driver to lose control and hit other cars and die!

THAT SHOULD WORK !!!

GOOD LUCK!

I am showing her this post oh man. Hilarous! That neon got FUCKED up!

Well, tell her that you dont lower a neon. Then tell her that she should spend the money on clothes or something. Girls like clothes.