how to get bad smells out of your shirts?

how do you guys get a bad smell out of your shirt? 1/2 of my work shirts smell like rear end fluid even after washing them 2-3 times. :rant:

anyone have any secrets to get the smell out?

Simple green?

I tossed a shirt that got diff fluid from the FD on it. It didn’t directly smell - no one else I asked could ever smell it - but every once in a while when I was working, I’d catch a nasty whiff of gear oil. This was after at least 5 washes.

I think you can pick up like a 10 pack of white/black haynes Ts at walmart for like $20. Or just say fuck it, work shirts are made to be nasty.

This sounds like a sexual orientation problem if you ask me. Less male/male butt secks clearly the answer.

http://www.lions-share-ent.com/Images/billy_oxyclean.jpg

buy a new shirt ?

Get new shirts and stop eating mighty.

I dunno, maybe try tossing a cup of bleach in with them when you wash them.

lest oil sp.?

this happened to me chronically when i got tranny fluid on a shirt of mine.

i washed it in the washer and the oil got all over the washing machine and ALL my clothes smelled like tranny fluid for a while. Nobody noticed but I was always paranoid about it

Not sure if it’ll work for this problem, but have you ever left stuff in the washer too long, and they smell musty / moldy? Re-washing them won’t get rid of it. Drying them and rewashing them still does nothing.
Solution? Wash again with some detergent AND vinegar in the washer (maybe a cup or 2). Smells pretty again.

Seriously buy a new shirt

we havent had any more polos made, so i cant just buy another. i shouldnt have used it as a work shirt to begin with but too late for that now. ill see if i can find any of the above listed at wegmans and see how it goes.

burning them helps

wash seperately with oxi clean and a little bit of vinegar, then put it in the dryer alone with a bunch of dryer sheets.

febreze

Goo Gone gets oil/grease out, but then you need to wash it again to get rid of the Goo Gone smell (orange/chemical-y).