how to get this collection agency to stop calling my house?

its not even for anyone that lives or has lived in my house. its for my stupid cousin who moved to atlanta like 15 years ago. is there is any law that stops these phone calls or should I just give up her contact info?

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/tips/debt_collectors.html

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fdc.shtm

Thanks Brockway
they should have only contacted me once. if they call again I will get all there info

After they call *69 the number then google it on the web to see what company it is. Use the link aboove and file a complaint with the district attorney. More then likely you will need to send a letter to the company calling you saying you have no contact and to stop calling or furthur actions will be taken. I had the same problem with 2 companies calling for an X gf that lived here. Filed with the district attorney and i havent heard from them since.

did you tell them she doesnt live there and has never lived there before?

tell them never to call you again.

they should put a do not call block on your phone number.

you can also tell them not to write you anymore either. then they are not allowed to call you or write sooo then you can only get legal forms about it.

eventually, it will be sold from a collection agency to a law firm and you’ll get a summons in the mail for her.

don’t quote me. but that is how it works in jersey where i work.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:5,topic:31285"”]

you can also tell them not to write you anymore either. then they are not allowed to call you or write sooo then you can only get legal forms about it.

eventually, it will be sold from a collection agency to a law firm and you’ll get a summons in the mail for her.

[/quote]

i told them she dont live her and that I have no contact info. they got all puffy asking asking me why I dont have any info for my cousin and when I got pissed they hung saying something about this isnt customer service and they dont care. thats what did it for me

[quote=“dreid,post:6,topic:31285"”]

i told them she dont live her and that I have no contact info. they got all puffy asking asking me why I dont have any info for my cousin and when I got pissed they hung saying something about this isnt customer service and they dont care. thats what did it for me

[/quote]

Record it next time.

Tell them you are recording it.

Tell them to never call you, it’s called a “cease and desist.”

You can fuck them over like that. Throw in things like “I feel that you guys are harassing me, if you call me again, I’m going to sue you for harassment.”

Simply say do not call me ever again.

And if you really want to be serious, send a cease and desist letter to the company.

If they don’t stop, profit.

tell them you will only give up the needed information for a blumpkin or rim job with a grilled cheese sandwich

BTW, you may want to tell your cousin about it if you care, it could be something serious that needs to be dealt with…

Yeah, I told my cousin. she said it may be her daughters cell phone. but how in the hell did they get my number. I am gonna use that cease and desist line and that I will file a complaint ith the FTC if they call me again asking for her. I am hoping they call over the weekend

[/quote]

ok…I am going to quote you…because you are right Girlie :slight_smile:

[/quote]

thats one smart sexysounding legal bitch right there. are you a lawyer?

every time they start to talk to you about the collection

tell them about jesus

Start speaking a different language. I found this works well.