How to get tree sap off a car!!??

well, about a month some tree sap got on my girl friends Eldorado, I told her to get that off asap, well a month later and she finally trys to get it off and is having a hard time. Any Ideas for me to have her try???

Ehh, there is a very high chance that there is paint damage. Best bet is to soak that ish in goo gone I’d say.

rubbing alcohol/denatured alcohol will work for ya, if the damage hasn’t already been done…

rubbing alcohol…just use sparingly …dont drench it

I’ve had good luck getting stuff off with Simple Green that I can’t get off otherwise. Waxed the car right after though, since it seems like anything harsh enough to make an easy job of removing stuff that hot soapy water can’t has got to be bad for the paint finish…

isopropyl alcohol

Let the Alcohol do the work too, let it dissolve the sap, don’t scrape at it.

X…

meguar’s detail spray. I’ve removed sap off my car many times with it. Wash the car, dry it, then start hitting the sap with the detail spray.

as others have said, alcohol does the trick

I thought Bug & Tar remover was also a sap removal item as well?

if that was the case it would be called BUG, TAR, and SAP remover

Clay bar.

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=14

hm, i’ve seen bug and tar remover do some pretty amazing stuff to tree sap on my piles

me :shoot: you.

It works.

It’s not really great for the paint though. I wouldn’t use it on an entire car, only as a last resort.

we use this shit from wellworth called power blitz to get almost anything like that off paint (i work in a detail shop). doesnt damage the paint at all and cleans it pretty well. takes bugs off really easy too.

If its a large job I would go with the clay bar, if its just some spotting here and there, just use some sort of cleaner and work away at it.

My personal fav. is Eagle One A to Z

The problem is that in the long term, this is not the best way to get tar off. It may be the “quick and easy way” that a dealer would want to use, but not the best.

werd

So, did you ever get the sap off? if so what method did you use?

I need to get that shit off my girlfriends car

Probably gonna go the clay route

let me know what you did though

-Cheater-