How to NOT get your a$$-raped by Canada

Well, what would you rather? Wait 4 weeks or pay a random large sum of brokerage?

I think they had a period of time this year where everything was held up…Christmas time maybe?

Dunno…

Yep, it’s a tough pill to swallow. Use USPS or go through bing if possible.

i disagree :smiley:

Pay $50 dollars.

rather than worrying about if my 600 dollar frame was lost in the mail and wonder why it takes 4 weeks to come from detroit to brampton and sit around with a bullshit tracking number that tells you shit all.

sorry but i enjoy saving money but I am not that cheap…

this was in april/may area

I also dont know how you guys end up paying such brokerage fees, my last shipment from the states of car parts i paid 2.78 in brokerage/customs dutys to the UPS man and it was not claimed as a gift.

UPS is fukced, they charge you duty/customs, a brokerage fee, AND a COD fee for the brokerage and duty fees. That’s how it gets so expensive. Fedex doesn’t charge the COD fee, and USPS only charges duty/customs.

best bet is drive down to the states buy and install the items and peace out back to canada EH

if you do what Avery says and you tell the guys at customs or customs somehow finds out… you will be taxed on the entire value of the car…

fukking crazy eh?

same goes for jewellery too, if you take a $4000 ring over and have new diamonds set into it… you pay tax on the $4000 ring too… what a wicked system