how to proberly sell a gun?

i have a gun i would really like to sell or trade. the gun is registered to my step dad. so if i just sold it and something happened with it…
anyone know the legal way to sell trade?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/large/04/040213080.jpg

:tspry:

a. put it up on e-bay for local only
b. put it in the classafides in the buffalo snooze
c. take it downtown and turn it in as part of the mayors gun buy back program?

ok, first off is it a pistol or a rifle. If it a pistol, there is a little more involved. If its a rifle, there is no true registration, just the initial purchaser background check. You can sell it via a online gun auction board, or threw the paper, you just need to get the info of the guy who buys it from you, so that if something were to happen, you can prove that it was indeed sold. What do you wana trade it for, if its another gun, then i suggest taking it to a gun store and trading it in, if you want a few bucks, the same could work, but you will not get top buck. But then again, i’m not sure if your fully aware of what the value is or isn’t, so that might not totally matter. Ebay prohibits gun sales, and will delete your auction. I would start here, see if you get any bites, go from there. What kind of gun, model and make, caliber, and condition to include the number of rounds fired threw it. if you give me or the board that info we can help further.

What do you have? I need a new hobby.

its a .50 cal thompson center black diamond, black powder. i shot it 3 times and put it back in the box. i was looking to possibly trade my gun + cash for a rifle. or just sell it.

Rifles aren’t “registered” to anyone. Just sell it to someone over 18 and you are “proberly” fine.

haha proberly

I see that new, they average for around $500. Muzzle loaders have one real purpose, hunting. Being its hunting season, you might be in luck. What kind of rifle are you looking to get instead of that one?

[quote=“sureshot007,post:7,topic:38887"”]

Rifles aren’t “registered” to anyone. Just sell it to someone over 18 and you are “proberly” fine.

[/quote]

Exactly, Just get a signed reciept for both parties; Description, SN, $$, Date, and signatures; then just keep that stashed for a while.

Otherwise, you could just cash-sale it; there’s no registration for Shotguns/Rifles/Mussle-loaders.

.223 or larger for a rifle

[quote=“KuntryQuestTSi,post:11,topic:38887"”]

.223 or larger for a rifle

[/quote]

what?

he asked what kinda rifle i was looking for. lol i want 223 or better.
and i just notcied i spelled properly wrong in the title

There are plenty of guys out there who like muzzles…
I personally like to stick to my rifles!

personally, if i were you i would look into trading it in, if its as new as you say, you should get a few bucks for it. You would get a good bit more doing a private sale, but then again, you would probably have to wait a while. Call the buffalo gun center or johnsons country store (call johnsons first) and tell them what you have, and what your looking for, and see if they could help you out. They might take care of you if your buying the new rifle from them. If your looking for .223, for lets say an AR-15, a company called CMMG has what they call the “bargain barrel” where they have ar’s that are made from parts from various manufactures. On AR15.com they come HIGHLY rated, and cost i believe $500 or $550 for a “hand picked” one. So you could get a few bucks for the muzzy, buy one of those, and be rockin.

Gander Mountain buys 'em back. Just don’t walk in the door and head towards the rear with the gun. I did and it apparently made everyone very nervous. oops

[quote=“Johnny5,post:16,topic:38887"”]

Gander Mountain buys 'em back. Just don’t walk in the door and head towards the rear with the gun. I did and it apparently made everyone very nervous. oops

[/quote]

lol nice, i will have to make a few calls, there is a local gun shop in town ill call first, then go from there. thanks

haha

Fbody+gander mt+gun= good man day

Most local gun shops will sell on consignment which means they will hang on to it until they sell it for you, then they take their cut and then you get paid. I did that for quite a while with one of my last shotguns and after months said screw it. It was as good of a deal at GM and they give you cash on the spot.

^At least when I went in with it I left my mullet wig in the bird or I may have ended up on the news that night.

what exact model is it? blued or stainless barrel? plastic or wooden stock? regular or thumbhole stock? i am interested in this