Gun Buyers Come on in (where to buy)

Im looking to pick up a rifle, a .308 or a 30-06 for rifle hunting this year for deer. Where do you guys recommend to buy one in buffalo? I am thinking a bolt action rifle or maybe even lever action. I hear mixed emotions about Buffalo Gun Center, what do you guys think? New Vs Used, etc.

Thanks

gunbroker.com

Cheapest best deals out there. Decide on what gun you want first, then go shopping for it!

the exchange of titles and who do you send them to (who recieves them for not a crazy high price)

I’ve had good experiences with Buffalo Gun Center. Bought a couple there. I believe the online seller would direct to a local dealer with a FFL to handle the pickup.

gunbroker is also over priced but not nearly as bad as the buffalo gun center. Buying used locally is the way to go as long as you know what to check for.

Check here for a list of local sites http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?162216-The-sale-of-guns-weapons-knives-and-the-like

There is also a gun show coming up this weekend at the erie county fair grounds.

Out of curiosity, where do you plan on centerfire cartridge rifle hunting in NYS?

Whitetail hunting with anything but a bow :gay2:

Freek check out the new hunting regulations book from the DEC. Not sure of the counties but now you can hunt with centerfire this year in Warsaw and a few other areas that are close.

I’d started reading several times. My eyes get crossed after a few pages. :slight_smile: I’ve been trying to stay up on it as I want to get into hunting this year.

With anything but a knife :gay2:

Oddly enough if you keep and eye on the dicks flyer they will list a Remington 700 or a savage 10 for a seriously cheap price over the next few weeks. Sometimes they will be a dicks only model with a strange colored stock but they are the same otherwise. If you catch the right add they are sometimes advertized below normal dealer cost.

Other than that start visiting smaller gun shops in your area. Avoid BGC the prices are silly high esp if you get suckered into buying a pre set up “package” with a scope. They will rip you off big time.

armslist.com

Is the gun center really that bad??? I’ve bought quite a few guns from them and never really thought the prices were that bad. I was planning on going there today to buy a couple pistols, should I not?

I’ve heard good things about S&S Taxidermy in Springville, as well as A&K Guns in Darien Center, but never have checked these places out.

If you do go to the gun center, look for a tall skinny shaved head guy. Don Garmin I think is his name, really knows his stuff.

The only thing it’s good for is … “Damn I forgot to order targets, clays, ammo and I’m shooting today.”

Gun center sucks in my opinion. Try to find someone with an ffl, you’ll save a pile of money. My glocks were $580 at BGC, I ended up paying $480/ea including tax, my kimber was $1500 there, and I managed to get it for $1350 with tax. My guy isn’t really taking new customers, but look around, and you’ll find someone similar.

Also got 100 rds of 308 last week for $15 :slight_smile:

South Florida Gun show this weekend.

Cash and Carry anything with a CCW (only takes 2 weeks to get it here)

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Find an FFL on gun broker, and order online (once you figure out what you want)

both S&S and A&K are great.

theres also a shirt guy in his late twenties dark hair goatee named Dan who is really helpful. stay away from Old Doug…

Doug is a pedophile

The super old guy who shakes is awesome too

A map of gun stores members have put together for some additional info.
http://www.nyshooters.net/map.html

you can rifle hunt now in most of the counties that line PA, I have a bunch of land in Chatauqua and in Great Valley, all allow rifles to hunt white tail