How to prove someone is throwing out your mail?

Can I go to the post office and get like a… “history report” or something of mail sent to me?

I’m suspecting my dad’s girlfriend is throwing out my mail. Now, I’m not sure why she would do this. But we have had a couple of “incidents.”

I moved out in January, but I prefer all my mail to still go to my dad’s house, because, until now, I figured it’d be easier if anything happened with my living arrangements, that I wouldn’t have to switch everything back over to my dad’s address.

It’s going to ruin my credit. I had received a call saying that my HSBC credit card was overdue, and I thought it was strange because on the website it said it wasn’t, and I hadn’t received a bill. I figured it was just a mistake, and everything would get sorted out. Until tonight when I went to check my Capital One account, and that was overdue as well.

I had not received either bill. And it isn’t an accident like I didn’t want paper bills anymore, or anything like that.

What the hell is going on? And what would you do?

What would I do. I would go on a automotive forum and ask for advice. Thats what I would do.

opt for online billing for some of this stuff if it’s gonna be sketch for a while

Don’t have any knowledge that would help aside from that. Best of luck with the shiz.

Swearing that people don’t ask random questions in OFF TOPIC ALL THE TIME.

post office box

dont you just love helpful posts/posters?

Id get a PO box.

X…

Get a po box or just remember when your bills are do and do it all online. I don’t even open my bills anymore because I do it all online.

I did not read the thread…

The USPS has ZERO means for tracking 1st class mail, or any mail that is not certified / registered / has a tracking number purchased by mailer.

Get a PO Box.

Video camera, or see a doctor about excessive paranoia. :wink:

Honestly though if it’s an issue a P.O. Box is the best idea.

Set her up by having the postmaster send you a letter and see if you get it. Or catch your mailman before he delivers and see if you get what he puts in the box.

:lol: hahaha

Don’t rely on a piece of mail, which can be easily lost, destroyed, stolen, etc. to tell you when your bills are due. Set up some reminders for yourself (like in your phone, on a calendar, or whatever) to remind you when your payments should be handled.

As for your specific question of tracking the mail - no, there is no way. Get a PO box, like almost everyone suggested, or have it sent to your own place.

Jerry Springer FTW.

not trying to be an ass here, but do you really need a paper bill in the mail to tell you when to pay your bills?

You can keep your perm address as your dad’s house but just change your mailing address to where ever you live now. It’s easy. It only takes filling out a post card at the post office and within a week or 2 all your mail will get forwarded and this wont happen. Then if you move again…you fill out another post card as a temp mailing address

send yourself a letter of importance, and see if you end up getting it

Id get a PO box dawn, but id go to the post office and have at least a look on what is going on. honestly. id do all of online billing. its easier IMO.

just my 2 cents.

You can just kill her and then see if you start getting all your mail.

+1