Post office help

Well about 2 months ago i sent out a wastegate that i sold
i shipped it via USPS, and unfortunately i threw out the receipt (8/8/09)

the guy lives in canada, but he also has an american mailing address, so i shipped it to that one so it would make things easier for both of us

this was probably the first package ever that i didnt get a delivery conformation for, and it fucked me

a week ago he told me that he went across the border to his mailing address and nothing was there. i have the billing #, but apparently the post office cant do anything with it. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF A RECEIPT THEN

Does anyone know if the post office protects you up to 100$ , or is that UPS? this is complete BS

What would u do in this situation? Im not giving him his money back without knowing where my fucking shit is

Wait- 2 months?

He waits 2 months to tell you he never got it?

This is not your problem.

yea dude deff. not your problem, happened to me but package was found 8-9 months later 5 states away.

you pay extra with ups and fedex because they give you tracking included. post office charges you 70c extra for a confirmation number. if you would have ponied up the extra 70c, you would not have this problem right now.

people like you drive me nuts, you do realize there are tens of thousands of packages mailed through us mail every day, you can see exactly where they go to if you spend 70 cents more. you were offered it, you declined it, your loss.

and packages don’t just disappear either. he either a. received it and is lying to you so he can get his money back too or b. if it was missent for some reason, and you have a return address on it, you will receive it back eventually. if that’s the case, it’s almost 100% because you either improperly copied his address onto the package you mailed, or just have awful hand writing that nobody can read.

EDIT: also just read it again, what was his american mailing address? if it was a p.o. box, and he didn’t pick it up after 15 days, it automatically gets sent back to you.

chad brown
c/o waneta quick stop
4155 deeplake boundary rd.
colville wa.

i definately sent it to the right address. so maybe it was stolen or something, i did sit there for over a month before he told me it wasnt there

i dont think hes trying to scam me either, because he said “this just sucks because im out of the money, and it sucks that you have to deal with this, i know its not your fault”

They gave me a tracking number and a cofirmation number so when he signed for the package it was instantly traced to him, that was usps too.

Hmm, I’d say fuck it if he wanted that long without contact

Ok, first, I doubt his US address was empty for almost 2 months. Chances are someone was there picking up mail, mowing the lawn and just generally taking care of the property. He should have been in contact with that person letting them know he was expecting a package.

Even on the rare chance he does just leave this property abandoned and looking like some foreclosed home, he knew it was being shipped there and should have been checking in to see if it arrived.

Bottom line, sucks to be him. How much money are we talking here? <$200 I would imagine. Certainly not end of the world money, just a painful lesson.

it was only 115$, but still.
i sold a 250$ + wastegate for basically 95$ after shipping and paypal shit.

he doesnt seem too worried, he was building a house thats why he didnt come across the border. IDK, i just dont understand why they cant look up the receipt

i really could careless if he got it, i just care that i sent it out. thats all that matters

Look up what reciept? Your reciept is just for your own records. If you didn’t get a tracking number there is no way to track it. I don’t think that his mail would be allowed to pile up for 2 months either. It could be forwarded somewhere or held atthe post office

stop dealing with canadians eric…

i think he wants to look up his receipt just to prove to the guy he did send it.

don’t you wish you would’ve spent that extra 70 cents now?

if he filed chargerback, then you are out of luck for sure.