HOW TO REMOVE S14 passenger AIRBAG

hey guys after my car had its swap and had a racing wheel put on im pretty sure the airbag control unit was removed cuz the light dosnt come on but now heres my issue, im tryng to remove the passnger airbag so i can make a costom bezel for some guages and my boost controller, switches…ect and make it hideaway in the airbag compartment. i disconected the batery and tried to kinda pop it open with a small prybar but its a no go as its kinda jammed open a little bit but wont close now. im thinking mabey you gotta pull the dash or somthing stupid but i dunno:confused:

anybody done anything like this before??

well you were smart to unplug the battery but the airbag can still be charged. Make sure to remove the fuses and or relay’s for it. Your going to need to remove the dash to remove the airbag assembly. Although im not familiar with the airbag thing, im pretty sure if a cop pulls you over and sees you have none you may be in some trouble.
just a thought

Its not illegal to remove your airbags. But You do have to inform your insurance company that you removed them.

I would remove the whole dash, then you can get all the associated wiring as well. It’s just easier.

How to remove air bags;
Step 1: drive fast
Step 2: Hit something hard
Step 3: Cut bag off
Step 4: Mend the broken pieces

That should work!!!

Consult the FSM for proper removal . Be safe about it.

ok i actually know! you have take out your glove box and look up there are 2 torx bolts you will see. i took them out with a torxbit on a ratchet. same way with the steering wheel. and i have air bags for sale if any one is looking! hope this helps man!

thanks buddy thats sikk im gonna check that out

if u want to do it properly and not have another ghetto built 240 …
take ur dash out.
once u take it out, ull c a shit ton of metal frame work around where the airbag is and its all bolted to the dash part itself… ull c wat i mean when u take the dash out
than once u unbolt all that lovely gunk… ull be able to open that panel.
i have a dash beside me if u have any questions or want a picture

torx security bits…

remove power, then the airbag computer under rear seat… then follow the yellow wire and continue removing ish…