how too get bolt out of close area

well on the way home from work today my fuckin alt light came on and a lil whining noise started. i figured it was my alt finally shit it self.

i get home pop the hood and see that the altinator bracket fuckin snapped two bolts and the alt was dangiling there barely keeping any tension on the belt. i have about 3 inches of area that is about 6" down from open area and need to pull 2 bolts out of the head of my car. how do i do so?

its a 97 grand am with a 3.4 motor. any help would be :cool:

replace the motor

with tools:stick:

i hate both of you…

i would replace the motor it prob will be cheaper.

and what tools you fuck tard? and how.

Drive it over here dickhead and i’ll get it out for you

heat the fuck out of it then use an easy out

3" of clearence can i get an easy out in that area??? and able to drill the hole for the easy out?

and devin i cant drive it anymore now that the alt is out of the way i have no belt. it would definately over heat before your house.

you will not be able to drill with lil clearance you have, may be able to get an easy out in there but you would be hard pressed to,hmmmmmmm

How much bolt is actully still sticking out?

Enough bolt sticking out to weld something to the bolt?

fucking pull the head, looks like you don’t have much of a choice really

Move something to give more clearance to allow drilling and easy out? I always perfer a left drill bit to an easy out if I have a choice.

can you unbolt the mount and jack the motor up? possibly get more clearance?

not enough sticking out to grab it… its flush if not a thread inside the head…

droppin a mount and raising the motor wont work because there is no way to til the motor 6+ inches.

the strut tower is in the way. not really able to move that.

the only thing that sounds sumwhat able to be done is pulling the head. and that does not sound like anything i want to do AT ALL… grrrrr anyone want a grand am.

what bolts are they? the alt on the 3400 doesnt have any bolts going to the head i dont recall.

Mac can you take a few pictures and post them up so we can give you more ideas?

I have had to do crap like this on a few of my cars. Also I assume you have a good assortment of tools correct. You can always combine tools to get it done.

post up pics!

buy a long drill bit. use a eazy out with an extension on it .

Guys the problem is he has 3 inches of clearence between where the bolt is and I’m assuming the strut tower. So unless he is going to go on the outside of the wheel well and drill through the body into the engine compartment he isn’t getting a drill bit in there let alone a whole drill.

That is why I asked for pictures.

Epoxy something to the bolt?

good luck

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00967997000P?vName=Tools&cName=PowerToolAccessories&sName=Drill%20Doctor%20&%20Drill%20Attachments&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd100510

dremel and cut the head/bolt into a x pattern… heat it and use a philips head bit and a side ratchet style screwdriver for tight places…