How would you go about diagnosing this problem...

I’ve thought about that SEVERAL times…

Moved.

have you replaced your injector o-rings? did you install them correctly? do you know for sure you dont have a manifold and or vacc leak?

negatory, not from what caledit is showing me

Have not replaced them…but they all looked okay when I had the injectors out. The problem originally began when all I did was remove the automatic and replaced it with a manual trans. Fuel injectors, rails, etc. were not touched at that time.

i have all of my old injectors in my sho if you want to install them and try that. they are known good and have relitively low miles:P

Thanks for the offer but mine tested fine when I took them out. I have an extra set as well from the '89 should I need some…

the MTX injectors you have are a different size that your 3.2 injectors. I don’t understand how you tested them. if one of them has a intermitent issue you arn’t going to see that.

have you checked fuel pressure under load?

A friends dad rigged up an electrical tester with a little motor that fires each injector when you try to start the car. With the manifold off and the tester plugged into an injector you can see it fire…I can’t remember exactly how he had this thing set up but it worked. Also, with the injectors out of the car he tested them to make sure there wasn’t any clogs or any shit going on out of the ordinary.

Have not checked fp under load…just at idle and that was normal. Also, vacuum is normal at idle.

I just had a really random thought…seeing as everything engine related has shown to be ‘good’ perhaps an issue lies in the flywheel/clutch area, but specifically the flywheel.

It feels like an imbalance somewhere in the driveline. Seeing as nothing changed beside transmissions…and if I notice the ‘imbalance’ at idle and throughout the rpm’s, perhaps the flywheel is warped or out of balance??? I thought I’ve heard the dowels are particular to these flywheels, and when I put this thing in I don’t remember knowing much about this, in fact it’s possible I’m missing a dowel. This car has never shifted right and has always had clutch chatter issues, most specifically in reverse, and I need a new clutch…so I should just tear back into this thing soon and see what I find.

pm me your number if you want it fixed and someone will call you

Sounds illegal…