DSM problems of course

Ok so heres the deal, i went to mighty earlier to gets some eats well when i started up my talon it was ideling low ( about 550 rpm) when i pulled out and started driving down the road it would take forever to get up to speed but the turbo would boost to 12 psi perfect and you could here the blow-off valve working. basically i have no idea what is wrong it starts fine and idles a little low but smooth and it honestly takes 10 seconds to get to 5000 rpm when fully pressing the gas pedal. any help would be great.By the way it is a 1995 Tsi with a six bolt swap and exhaust all stock besides that. thanks

check the iac screw also try disconnecting the injectors 1 by 1 to see if that affects the idle

Yea try the injectors, mx mx6 had a similar problem and i threw some injector cleaner in and it was deff better.That or check your plugs and wires.

Most likely skipped timing on that oil soaked timing belt.

thats what mike (freek) said but the arrows you guys put on the cam gears are still lined up perfect

sorry to hijak but you interested in the sled

how much are you looking to get

even though the top cam gears are lined up is it possible for the crank gear to be out of whack?

very very very possible! I have seen it on two cars already in the last year. Do not run the car till you fix the timing belt. Plus good time to fix the oil leaks.

well i just bought a timing belt i just have to install it, hopefully thats the problem, as for the oil leaks its all from the very cracked valve cover i guess its time for a new one.

They are cheap. Why wouldn’t you replace it right away if you knew it was cracked??

problem solved i installed a new timing belt and it runs perfect.

Did you replace the valve cover too or are you going to be raising this post from the dead a month from now??

nope i’m going to be picking up this car and get to do all the extensive maintaince this car needs.

Did you do this last night Brad?I seen you outside and was going stop by but was in ahurry.

yup

Daily driver???

yeah … :slight_smile:

I hate being right…j/k I love it. I am soo glad that no harm was done. You are lucky BRAD. Maybe your just lucky by default of Mike who’s soon to own the car.

i think it was my car once more showing me how much it really doesnt like me! well hopefully my bad luck is over. oh and yes gary you were right and a dsm god. thanks