bought another car

so a guy comesinthe shop at my work with a slow crank condition on his 95 SHO. so we pop the hood because the car has no power
and find that someone soldered the battery cables to the terminals and it looks like they melted. so we fixed that and cranked the car over. it cranks has a really hard time cranking. so we look at the starter and it looks origional (only 73K on the car) so we reccomend a starter. I install the starter and crank it and its the same thing. it cranks slow. I put a breaker bar on the crankshaf, and sure enough the engine is very hard to turn. Then i starter spinning it backwards and after 5 revolutions or so I hop in the car and it cranks at normal speed then gets slower and slower. I think it is a rod bearing, and i’m really hoping the crank isn’t damaged because for the 800 bucks I paid for a 95 opal frost SHO that is very clean it would be a shame. but even if it is damaged I have a couple of spares.

on a sidenote I had to move my turboSHO to make room for the new arrival and I think i might have cracked a ring or something because because there is a awfull lot of oil smoke and it didn’t smoke any before I put it away. t any rate it started with a miss so maybe a plug is bad or something. also the car revs REALLY REALLY slow. It feals like the intake or exhaust is clogged and he engine is not breathing right. oh well i’ll figure it out soon enough. I just have to get this parts ca stripped before I can do anything.

Ick well at least you have a spare motor.

On another note you need a translator to translate your posts into english. Remind me to smack you when I come visit. :tup:

Do u SHO guys collect cars and parts like some of us GP guys? I swear I could build a whole other car with all the “spare” parts I have.

Sadly…yes. However it’s saved me more than a handful of times when you need that certain part.:smiley:

sounds like it didn’t need a starter?

Yeh its nice to have a few extra starters and alt.'s on hand since they’re close to $200 new.