Power steering question: 93 SHO

A few months back I had pulled the motor on the SHO to do a bunch of maintenance. While removing I obviously had to remove PS lines…now while driving I get the symptoms of a bad PS rack; most notable is when diving on the highway taking a cloverleaf exit/entrance the steering wheel wiggles back and forth, almost like the system is working, then not, working, then not, etc.

The rack is an Autozone unit with about 20,000 miles on it and never showed symptoms before engine removal. I did the whole turn the wheel lock to lock business while refilling with ATX fluid…but it feels like a bubble somewhere, I dunno…any thoughts???

EDIT: Fixed…put the front end in the air, turned to car on, turned the wheel lock to lock several times…some bubbles came out, car steers great now.

Have you sorted all the problems out?

Haha…not yet. I’ve replaced/checked nearly everything but the main engine wiring harness. I had pinched the harness (unknowingly) when I first put the car together after the swap and damaged some wires. The wire that had the most damage was leading to the knock sensor, thought this or the CPU would be bad and the harness was ‘fixed’ with tape…well taped the wires to cover the exposed wire, put in a new cpu and knock sensor…didn’t do shit. Next step is to swap for a good wire harness and cross my fingers (again)…

The sexy ones always give you problems. Damn high maintenance women. Er, cars. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m game for giving a hand if ya want. :tup:

Edit: nevermind looks like you figured it out