How would you react?

You go to a mighty taco drive in
you pull up to make your order
The person greets you entirely in spanish (about 2 long sentences), then pauses and says nothing…

i would have responded in french.

/\ you would have.

Je connais. (i know.)

op, were you angered by this or just confused?

How would I react? Not well.

For real, that’s fucking ridiculous.

basically my reaction to it was silence…then when the guy didn’t say anything, I said “I didn’t get that”

he repeated in English this time (sounded annoyed)
I read him my order, he screwed it up and gave me the total and said to pull through.
I told him the correction to the order…he then didn’t say anything…then gave me the total and click

So I pull around, he see’s me, waits about 1 min and talks to people, opens the window, sticks out his hand, takes my money, gives me my change ( hasn’t said a word at this point). I get my food and a quiet (i dont give a shit) have a nice day.

I know some people dont care about their jobs, but this was just horrible service. I’m not a big complainer when it comes to this stuff, but this just pissed me off.

i would not be happy…

come to our country, speak the fuckin language or leave

/thread

:word: but this guy was very much from around here…not that it mattered to me.

For other inquiries contact your local restaurant
or call us at 716-636-1097

I’d bitch.

I plan to…

yeah, i guess you could bitch in hopes of getting free food, but did it really bother you that much? i would have thought it was hilarious.

Sounds like a joke that flopped… dont get too angry

Ya know what, It did bother me :lol: I’m sick of people acting dumb and people thinking its ok.

I couldn’t care less about free food.

if it was a bad joke, he could have at least been pleasant. Theres really no excuse, sorry.

And yeah in the end, nothings going to happen and whatever. Just kinda wondering what people would have done.

i would have asked where the fucking manager is…

That was the time and place for the Ron Burgundy voice. “Oh baxter, you know I don’t speak spanish” or “Stop talking like that, I can’t understand you!” would have been quite appropriate.

There’s nothing funny about it. You have a job to do. Do it. If it was a joke on his part, I find that completely unacceptable. You’re not paid to fuck with a paying customer. And if his english is truly that broken (which deosn’t seem to be the case at all), then he has no business working on an intercom. Put him in the kitchen where he doesn’t have to interact with people. This kind of really bothers me. It just shows how accepting our country is becoming with fucking mediocrity. If I was working with someone doing that, I’d let them hear it. That’s total bullshit.

sounds like you’re a little uptight. you are surprised some teenager (presumably) isn’t taking his part time, minimum wage, dead end job seriously? you NEVER fucked around at all when you had a job like this? it sounds like it may have been a joke that just didn’t reach its target audience, let it go.

:clap: