HSBC savings at 4%

Anyone else use HSBC for an online savings? 4% APY, no minimum balance, no fees, and if you use HSBC already everything is listed right on the same page as your checking/savings account. I can transfer money instantly into my checking account from here and have it available instantly, no 10 days of waiting to recieve my money.

BTW it just went up to 4% in the last couple days. only other comparable service is EmigrantDirect, at 4% as well, with no minimum, no fees, but your money isnt readily available.

You can only apply for this online.

//posted to let members know

link :

I’m thinking, because ING just went up to 3.5%

But the 4% isn’t always 4%…

APY and APR are two different things, but either way, that is an awesome rate for a conventional savings account.

Paypal nets me 3.89% APR, so I stick with that.

Shit, I have that account already, I wonder if it goes up to 4% for me too?

yep

and its a 3.93 APR. the emigrant offer i mentioned is 3.92 APR

emigrant FTW

i’ve had ING for quite a while. yes it’s only at 3.5% as opposed to the 4% some are offering, but i TRIED to set up an HSBC web savings account and you’d think it would be easy since i HAVE hsbc, but despite calls to their clueless customer service it would have made me jump through too many hoops. I prefer the convenience and extremely helpful customer service of ING :slight_smile:

I’m VERY happy and I’m making $50 in interest a month plus referrals.

HSBC 4L.

hrm, ive had my account for months with no problems, and no problems setting it up. i didnt experience any hoops or anything i would need to call cs about.

i mean its not like i really care what everyone uses for a savings account, i was just spreading the news that its up to 4%.

• Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 11/2/05. The rate may change after the account is opened. Minimum balance to obtain APY is $1.00. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.

Ewww - fine print :tdown:

“fees”? what fees… psh

i havnt seen any fees, and ive had the account ~5 months. :shrug:

Yea… they raised the Interest rate to push the online Banking.
The Promotional campaign started this week.
In the long run its cheaper for HSBC to have online Accounts
HSBC Employee… Protecting your Accts from Fraud

paypal has 4% as well… but its paypal and they can always just steal ur money