hta fp green dyno numbers

yeah its that simple - just wire it in…I mean who cares about proper mounting, feed lines, fuel filter, etc :jerkit:

I am interested to hear how your going to do this? So your planning to just throw another walbro in the tank without modifying the stock pump housing?

How do you plan on integrating the second pump to work with the stock filter that is molded into the housing? and/or bypassing it? How do you plan to attached a second pump in the tank in the existing housing - doesn’t seem to me that there is any room without proper modifications? Not sure how your going to make 2 walbro’s feed out of the stock housing when its only setup for one?

If you do plan to bypass the stock filter housing what filter will you use that is E85 compatible? What micron?

I am curious to know because I was part of a DIY dual pump setup project and it didn’t seem to me so easy as “hey I have 2 walbros and a pressure switch and lets drop it in and go” but maybe I and the others were over thinking it?

you can just put a Y and run a single line out of the housing if you dont feel drilling another hole for a bulkhead fitting to come out. hose clamp the two fuckers together and go. not a big deal. use the walbro fuel sock. the only hard part is to track down a insulated bulkhead to run the power wire out of.

I just think you are overthinking it.

So your going to fit a Y in the stock housing with the one pump still mounted in the stock location?

have you ever pulled the oem assembly out and actually looked at it? how the pump fits, how big the fuel filter housing that is molded to the assembly is? I just don’t see it being that simple…To me there is no way to mount the second pump without modifying/cutting the oem housing, there is just no room.

The pumps cant hang much lower (if at all) than where they currently are due to hitting the bottom of the tank and adding a Y and such will require both pumps to sit much lower due to added hose length. Not to mention the oem bulkhead has a seal that the nipple off the fuel pump slides into inside the bulkhead and locks in place, nothing to put a “Y” on and clamp it down to…

Another thing is with the size of the assembly vs. hole in the tank clamping a pump along side of the existing pump in the assembly probably wont fit back down inside the hole :slight_smile:

There is more things i can come up with from the “its easy” logic as I have been over the stock assembly and as I said worked with (2) others on a DIY dual pump setup trying to determine the best way to do it without being stupid or to cheap, because one thing in a turbo car you don’t do is be stupid or cheap when it comes to fueling…

The insulated bulkhead is simple - I already can source them…

well I never said you might need some dsm skill AKA a hack saw and BFH to make them fit.

its sorta like people claim they need a certain walbro 255 to fit. fuck that just make it work.

I know dsms are different but I went to a junkyard and grabbed another pump hanger unit and chopped it up. I know at least 1 person with a junk evo we can rip one out of unless he decides to be a douche and charge us 9999 dollars like usual not to mention any names ( cough SHAWN cough)

I know for a fact u can find one on EVO-M cheaper than booshar racing will charge you or those gay ass full blown CNC units cost

and before you thnk its going to turn out all haggard like my typing its all in the craftsmanship trust me I wont make a shitty setup on a 20k evo.

where do you source the bulkheads from? I have spent hours trying to find them via the internet and failed miserably.

check this out too. http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/1nastymr/evo001.jpg

If it was my car I would try a 255 intank feeding a bosch 044, honda guys have good luck with it before id even open the tank up youd have to keep fuel line pressure under 75 psi though it seems for the 255 to keep up.

If this dude is going to push more than 500 id sump it and run dual inline 044’s

Yeah you need to modify the housing (dsm haxor skillz) - thats the point I was making. You cant just throw another walbro in the stock housing and make it fit and/or work easily…thats what that pab character seemed to imply that if you have 2 walbros it will just work after adding the pressure switch and “wiring it in”.

Buschur mods the oem housing buy cutting all the useless housing junk to make room to mount (2) walbro’s with new bulkheads, etc. Takes some planning, proper fittings, etc to make it all work and work well. I think buschurs setup for the money is crap actually…he uses screw clamps and rubber lines. You can do a pretty bad ass AN fitting setup all nice and proper w/ modding the housing yourself for much less (that is what we worked on for a DIY kit). One of these days it will be getting posted on evom…I just helped source parts and help with the initial mock up but another guy is running it, I dont have much need for dual pumps.

Yes I agree on the bosch 044 - that is the setup I would run, have a single in tank walbro feeding a bad ass bosch pump…its much more simple and much easier to install imo, plus your not relying on pressure switches to work, etc. I know tony from t1 racing is all about that setup and I would listen to anything he has to say.

Yeah, the question is, how far is this guy going to go. I think that really dictates his next step.