HTC Hero

got an HTC hero through work… still have my blackberry and the only downside is the use of activesync vs. exchange web services… at least as far as corporate ‘tethering’.

it destroys the iphone in every regard… well except for over paying :slight_smile:

carrier is sprint… which is my personal, but in the end, i’m not all that satisfied with any carrier we use, so i don’t care… although lacking international coverage is lame.

anyone know good sites for dealing with andriod and development forums? we are tasked to integrate this phone with as many apps as possible… i’m looking for a good vpn client that supports pptp, the default andriod client claims that it doesn’t support ‘all’ pptp, which i don’t know wtf that means.

oh, and if any exchange client leverages exchange web services.

wtf did you not buy a pre for? Im pretty sure with android phones you have to connect the phone and use the phone as a proxy so that will limit you to web browsing only! You can tether use exchange and there is a client for vpn/RDP… I am actually on my way to detroit right now tethering on my laptop!!!

hey buryd… can you pull the dicks out of your brain and conjugate a thoroughly thought through sentence?

what is a pre? - lol you mean a palm pre… I didn’t get one, because palms are garbage?

1. what does ‘connect the phone’ mean and the word proxy shouldn’t exist in your question. ‘tethering’ to exchange is activesync, which is shit, hence the questions regarding exchange web services.

I think what you’re saying is that you use the cellular data network for all functions aside from web browsing when on wireless? that is incorrect… albeit, there are some limitations of using the wireless WAN vs. cellular WAN.

Being that andriod data packages have unlimited bandwidth usage, you may be correct in assuming that a lot of overhead is carried on the cellular carrier… but i am actually connected to wpa enterprise wireless, using certs, and using RDP / SSH successfully… just curious on a PPTP supported VPN app for andriod. I can use web based VOIP over wireless and seem to be able to download from the app market place using internal LAN to WAN… so most functions over wireless internet seem to work fine.

Dan, that PRE blows dick. seriously. i was messing around with it tuesday night some.

sonny, palm pre

yeah… it didn’t even register… most people would know not to suggest such absurdities to me… it’ll be like the next guy suggesting an iphone :kekegay: :dunno:

you had to mention penis!!! Its like a common thing for you to imagine others pulling dick out of themselves…

Yes there are some since you are using sprints wan, you can drop to command line and open up ssh straight through the phone. VOIP is also in development as there is a pay for app you can purchase its not very expensive… but oh well not to jack your thread gl with your andoird… a guy at work has one and honestly if it was not for my Pre I would be all over one.

so in a contest which phone do you guys think is better? the htc touch pro 2
or the hero. Alot of reviews i have read rate the pro 2 better only because it has a keyboard but say the hero has sero? What is sero. Im about to pick up another phone here soon as this env touch i have is garbage.

sero is a sprint employee discount plan? or something along those lines… its a type of sprint account.

the full touch keyboard is fine… i mistype about 90% of the words, but the phone learns your typing and words and at this point (although i’ve used it for 24 hours) it is typing almost flawlessly. I just typed an email in the same time of 3+ months of heavy blackberry usage… not that it’s better or worse… the logic for mistyping appears to be much better.

i don’t know what is ‘better’… i think the hero is smaller? I am big on small phones. this is considerably smaller than the iphone and skinnier than my bb 8830.

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. Pretty much the perfect phone… and it’s still on the stock ROM. WIN.

Fuck iPhones

Sounds like a Nerd Heard in here.

HTC phones > *

End of story. Some have a few advantages, but Android is great.

Unless you want the iphone that is trendy like 350Z owners. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW: I have an HTC Kaiser/AT&T Tilt WM 6.1 running an Android ROM.

I was looking at some of the HTC phones. I have the Omnia and it’s starting to crap out after 6 months, stuck pixels, earpiece is dying, etc.

i only have this because it was really inexpensive and a proof of concept… it just worked out that it uses my carrier so i was able to upgrade my personal phone to it. It’s a pretty rock solid phone so far…

does anyone do any andriod development? we are starting to write some in house apps for testing, seems like a nice development suite.

You’re welcome.

thanks for nothing… those dudes are all half retarded… I read and answered more questions in threads than I found new info. some of those dudes are way too into cell phones… :ugh2:

:booty:

I was asking if anyone on this board developed for andriod

Did you come across this site yet? http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Former developer of Expedient writes all sorts of crazy apps apparently. Enough to have Google order a cease and desist on one project.

i have a palm pre from sprint for my workphone, it sucks. reception sucks, phone freeezes sometimes, data takes too long to load…

my personal phone is a blackberry tour, i think it blows the pre out of the water, it also is with verizon though. but function and use, ill take the tour over the pre.

lol… i saw his firmware and the save him petition in the app store haha… i’m not quite sure what his firmware does, reading into it