Recommend me a new phone. (sprint)

So my contracts up for sprint this upcoming month and a few phones have caught my eye for an upgrade. Im debating on going back to blackberry and getting the tour , The htc hero (which is my pick at this point), and the samsung moment. Wifi is pretty much a must have but I can survive without it. Anyone here have any of these phones? Im switching from a palm treo 800w which has served my well the last few months but i dont like the pre so they are out this time. If you do have one of those phones what are the pros/cons of your device?

Primarily I need the device to handle all my emails and texts, between my jobs, Good call quality, be able to access information via the net, Navi, and decent camera quality.

Andriod users how do you like your exp. with the OS? Do andriod devices use html browsing and not a scaled down mobile rendition of web pages? Good selection of apps? (I know I could check the andriod thread but I hope sprint users will chime in at least)
BB users Im pretty fimilar with Rims system based on my dealings with the 8830 and 8130 that I had. Did the tour get any real changes that would make it a “upgrade”?

Feedback is appreciated.

I have a hardon for the Palm Pre, but that’s just me.

Im kinda over the palm thing for now. I keep hearing rave reviews for android, and Ive used rim devices and liked them alot with only minor complaints. My palm phone lately while I do like it and how much more organized I’ve been able to keep things has been pissing me off. Is the pre’s OS that much better then win mo 6.1? Not to mention with the pre it has little tiny keys, and I have decent sized fingers.

i also have a Palm Pre. Pretty awesome… Definitely a phone that needs to be cared for though. No dropping in snow… bowls of salsa… etc. :smiley:

WebOS fantastic. Equivalent to android. Greater than iphone because it can truly multitask.

I have the HTC Hero and I like it a lot. Good phone for what I use it for.

The palm phone is nice, but the app development is lacking, and it’s a pretty slow device.

I like my android phone. What version of android are the Sprint phones running?

for all the hype that thing had, it certainly flopped. maybe palm shouldnt be in bed with a carrier that is bleeding customers faster than a suicide victim.

I’d suggest Blackberry or Android.

in for recommendations…

I was really heart set on the HTC hero when I went in for my upgrade, but the samsung moment has longer battery life, a faster processer, and a larger/smoother touchscreen. I ended up leaving with the moment and LOVE this phone. I highly reccomend it. there are tons of apps, one I got immediately is a battery manager, and I leave it set to think the phone is always 15% battery or less so that the screen is extra dim and my battery lasts at least 12hrs. its great that I can just plug it in while I sleep each night like a routine. call quality on it is fantastic, lightyears ahead of the last phone i had…(the rant) not to mention samsung products take a serious beating, I have never had a samsung phone let me down, even after being through the wash and two dips in a hot tub lol.

in for recommendations as well.

I’ve been trying to get a replacement for my 700p but it just won’t die.

I might switch from sprint, been with them 10+ years though, so I have no comparison with other carriers.

Seriously. Isn’t it nice that they waited until their new flagship has all but been forgotten to bring it to Verizon, which just got android so it will be sufficiently drowned out there too? Morons. They’ll probably be bankrupt within a year.

Well, you also have to remember that Palm JUST released a new SDK for WebOS. It looked really nice and easy to compile GREAT looking apps.

If they can get developers to hop on-board and get something decent going in their marketplace, they may pick back up. They really need to create hype with the developers though. That is really what drives the industry.

if I was a developer, I’m going to spend my time working on a platform that has customers. Iphone, Blackberry, Android, non-smartphone platforms, symbian, webOS. in that order.

worst management ive ever seen man. They need to swallow their pride and do what needs to be done to move some units.

OK so the only solid reccomendation is one that im semi considering and a half review of the hero? The moment is on my radar but my wife wants that and Ill just let her get that. I dont want 2 of the same phones in the house that have no color options. So the HTC eris which is what you verizon people have is the hero for us sprint people. A co worker said the battery life sucks he cant make it thru a complete day without charging it. But am I to assume the tour isnt worth my time?

Trueblue more details on your Hero exp so far. How long have you had it and what exactly are doing with it?

I love my HTC Hero.

You would pass up a great handset just because you don’t want 2 of the same devices?

I wouldnt like to pass up on a device but I mean it wouldnt be a huge deal to me. I just prefer to have different devices in the house so there is no accidently grabbing hers on my way out to work or vice versa.

Don any standout options or cons that I should be aware of?

google browser, android market, 5 megapixel camera, 4g network, stream tv not that i use it, speak to text search google, etc I like it.

G/f has the Hero and she loves it. Tell your friend to turn off all of his apps running in the background and his battery won’t die so fast. G/f is not very phone savy if you will but it does everything she wants and does it fast.

Im goin to look into it more but it sounds like my top pick is goin to stay that way. I appreciate the feedback guys. The battery life is a concern but I know that I can always buy a spare, I have one for the treo because i just use it constantly. I guess there will be a treo for sale in about 2 weeks when i go purchase the new phone.