Huckabee wants to change the Constitution to "God's Standards"

Crazy Much? Dicuss.

Nail in his coffin. I don’t think there are that many God-Fearing Americans.

Huckajesus is a fucking loon. He’ll never get the nomination.

Religion

--------- <-- Separation

State

Let’s keep it that way. Huckabee is a nut.

Fuckajesus is starting to scare me more than the Rominator.

I think there are plenty of God fearing Americans, but enough of them are somewhat intelligent, critically thinking people that are willing to do a little research.

I am a God fearing American, but I have no intention of imposing my faith on others by altering the Constitution and legally enforcing Christianity.

Fuckajesus is starting to scare me more than the Rominator.

He’s scary for sure…but scarier than Romney? No way.

The separation has been taken out of context. Kids not saying “under God” in the pledge and some of that other nonsense is ridiculous. The point was to prevent tyranny through a state sponsored, or state-mandated religion, such as the founders had experienced in Britain, where people who refused to conform, were persecuted, perhaps prosecuted too. We are far from having that in America.

Along the same lines, we should have separation of education and state…but it’s not going to be easy to turn that ship around. We just have to wait for it to hit an iceberg and sink, which is looking like a prime possibility with the Federal Dept of Education at the helm.

The separation has been taken out of context. Kids not saying “under God” in the pledge and some of that other nonsense is ridiculous. The point was to prevent tyranny through a state sponsored, or state-mandated religion, such as the founders had experienced in Britain, where people who refused to conform, were persecuted, perhaps prosecuted too. We are far from having that in America.

You do realize that “under god” wasn’t added to the pledge until 1954, during the great fear of “Godless Communism” and the era of McCarthy?

We are far from having religious persecution in America. We are also far from having total gun confiscation. That doesn’t mean that we should move towards either.

Along the same lines, we should have separation of education and state…but it’s not going to be easy to turn that ship around. We just have to wait for it to hit an iceberg and sink, which is looking like a prime possibility with the Federal Dept of Education at the helm.

What section of the Constitution deals with separation of education and state?

No section of the Constitution Authorizes the government to run education, to tax Americans to fund education, or to mandate Americans subscribe to Federal standards of education, yet all of these things are true in our society today.

These are “made-up” powers, much like the IRS.

No section of the Constitution forbids the government to run education, to tax Americans to fund education, or to mandate American subscription to Federal standards of education, either.

Actually you might want to read the 10th amendment hoss.

I’ll paste it here for you:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

How does that forbid the federal government, acting as the elected delegate of the people, from regulating public education? It doesn’t.

Hoss… LOL