huge backfire/flames

ok so i had my car in the shop today, hooked up all my power steering lines and put mt-90 trans fluid in, i go to start the car to take it out and it was a little hard on starting like the starter turned it but it wouldnt catch, when it did after not even a second or so it started but started at low rmp then jumped to 1000.
anyways i leave the shop loving life with powersteering hooked up and the best shifting ever, night and day…i go to the stop sign, here is where the problem started

upon deceleration from about 3000rmp as soon as i hit 2000 rpm the hugest flame/backfire BANG, and when i mean bang i mean it was fucking loud shot out of my exhaust, i was like ok maybe unburned fuel went down when my car had that starting issue, so i go again and hit a red light, same thing from deceleration, as soon as i hit 2000rmp BANG and i seen the light from behind my car from the flame.

now this had happind to me before, but it was because of an exhaust leak, now i dont have a exhaust leak…wtf you think the problem is???

my friend said something about a coolant temp sensor maybe going. but wtf else gives…any ideas would be great, tonite ima make a video of it and post it LOL!

thanks team

looks like u wont be needing the Bee R after all lol.

do u have a cat or test pipe?

i have a 3" turbo back exhaust with nothing in between…well i got a “cat”

but i have never had this issue before i have had this exhaust for 7months with no problems till today.

I had a similar thing happen to me aswell. I took the car for a quick spin just after I installed the motor with just a downpipe on so its was crazy loud…I was slowing down to a stop and at about 1500-2000 rpm it made a huge backfire! I know for a fact that my timing was a little wacked so im pretty sure it was because of that…once I set the timing it didn’t happen again. I think I gave an old couple walking down the sidewalk a heart attack…they got pissed at me it was hilarious!

lol

the thing is i have had this motor in my car running fine for 7months now. i take it in to put gear oil and hook up my powersteering and bam huge flames for no reason

i know for a fact i didnt knock off any vacumme lines or anything.

Check the injectors, it’s been cold lately so maybe 1 or 2 are stuck open or something.
Coolant temp sensor can also do it.
Excessive timing can also do it.
how is the idle when car is warm while you’re parked?

idle is fine across the charts cold,warm,hot,no matter what it sits perfect.

timeing is ok i just turned it off then back on

im leaning alot towards coolant temp sensor.

still shooting flames, lol
i drove past my friends house while he was outside for a smoke and he said the smell of raw gas was unbearable from my exhaust lol :frowning:
Going to get a oil change, i just did one last week but im sure my oil is probably getting bad

hey chris

i was talking to uncle. he said you may have a floating valve

well i hope not
compression test :slight_smile: LOL
also im gunna peep it a bit more on monday or so.

if your coolant temp sensor was shot your cold start idle would be whacked. Your saying your idle when its cold/warm is perfect so I doubt its the coolant temp sensor. Check the injectors like absolum said…maybe you have a stuck injector or your injector seals may be leaking??

is it fixed yet?
remember raw gas smell is really bad for your piston rings and your oil viscosity.
Get it fixed asap or you might end up needing new bearing and new pistons rings.
BTW: try a ka temp sensor and see if the same problem occurs in the meantime.

im going to do it tomorow, i already got another oil chang, i got one less then 7 days ago, and i just did another one yesterday…my oil already smelt like gas.

its gunna be more looedk at, even as much as a maf ground wire. who knows. i rubbed threw my harness in my passengerside wheel well so im sure i messed something up.

about the injectors, pull the rail out with the injectors still in it so that you can see the tips.
then put the car on the on position, you should see the fuel pressure rise but the injector should not be leaking or pulse,
it could also be a o rings that is needed , they cause fuel to leak directly into the intake manifold ports.
let us know if that takes care of it , if it does , we will come up with more shit to try

hey man, i love the support you guys are great, i have not had a chance to look at this today as of yet, but im gunna try everything mentioned…also i was just thinking…
as i have a stock smic, i have a prof bov on the bottom part of the smic, where the stock recirc valve is, then with all the snow/salt/sand/whatever else the ground threw up into the bov, i think it may be stuck open a bit, i now have another bov on my hotpipe with the prof one disabled…but when i was driving beside a island today i could hear a leaking air sound, and i noticed under full throttle its boosting me to 10psi now instead of 7. you think that this could cause the problem?

why fix it you wanted it anywho. be baller keep it

PS

this reminds me of ppl sayinf “my hicas is broken how can i fix it?”

free advice, change the coolant temp sensor, its like $40 or so. That could be it.

If not, bring it by SG and sasha will know within 10 minutes what the problem is. lol.

ha, im a idiot, i think igot it figured out lolol

sg word!

what is/was it?

i feel like a idiot to tell you the truth, lol
on a stock sr smic the stock resirc valve is located on the bottom, i have a bov there that got stuck from all the road dirt and what not…i took off the vacumme line and figued it would just stay shut, it did . but now its open a bit and …leaking …i THINK that will probably solve the problem, im just stupid…ima give it a shot at least lolol…