Huge police check in Troy

Anybody know what was going on? Thought I’d ask here and maybe someone would know. There were tons of cop cars doing vehicle checks - just talking to you and looking in the car on at least two bridges out of Troy. This was around 8ish.

i work in watervliet, and i thought there must have been an accident… at 10:30 the whole bridge was like shut down, but i didnt go over it… just under it, looked crazy… like 10 cop cars atleast.

It’s like some of you just got your license. :tong

The country is in a recession. It’s the summer. They want revenue. They plan to hit up the middle class as usual.

On an interesting side note, I have seen 2 or 3 checks in my area in the last year and we are MUCH more populated.

yeah, I was coming out of Troy towards Cohoes and there were at least 10 cop cars - a couple in the road, a bunch off to the sides. On the way back to Albany, I saw another stop at the some other bridge I pass over. Might have been Watervliet.

Interesting, I’m sure you will hear about it in the paper tomorrow.

That’s not usual around Troy?

there was a huge accident in troy on plank rd. today at 730am. i hate stupid driivers.

are talking 8am or pm?

well i didnt go over the bridge, and its hard to see ontop of a bridge from under it, all i saw were lights and cops, figured it was an accident, but 2 accidents on 2 seperate bridges, guess it was a police operation.

Think so? It just seemed like all of Troy or anyone coming from Green Island was cut off.

It could have been a bad accident but I would not be surprised if it was just a typical police check. They WILL be popping all over the place. Easy way to make money unfortunately. :frowning:

so true… but almost like entrapment no? its pretty fucked up what they get away with since not many people know their rights. i’m not saying they dont have the right to stop and search you, for a reason. but randomly? i think you can refuse… you might look suspicious, but you could try it. If i was independantly rich and really bored, i’d try it out.

Think so? It just seemed like all of Troy or anyone coming from Green Island was cut off.

This was 8pm

at first i was mad, but then i realized you were right. :tong

EDIT: quote did NOT work like i had planned. ABORT!

Chase I must have been like 10 seconds behind you, I got stopped on one of the bridges in Troy and passed under the one in Albany… I think it was all seatblet/registration checks.

aw man! i hate those seat belt ones where you see the “watch” cop too late, then you pull up with your steabelt on and the guy is like, we saw you with it off, and your like… no i had it on, and then the cop that you drove past comes up, and your like… damnit. :wtf go away its my life! ill die if i want!

maybe youre the only one that does that on here :confused

:crackup :haha

maybe your right… :idiots

yeah seat belt laws are stupid - if I want to go flying, why should everyone else have anything to say about it?

You weren’t in the Explorer that got stopped were you? lol. That’s a lot of resources for a seatbelt/registration check, bigtime overkill. We should’ve been all out boosting cars, there would have been no one to stop us.

they keep setting up DOT safety checks every friday in the same spot around here, it really is getting rediculous

How do you guys NOT wear your seatbelts? :wtf